four. gold digger

"WHAT HAPPENED?" Niki asked, walking beside Ziggy with her face pink. With what happened back at the forest and the fact that she had to run back to the campsite, she was surprised that her face wasn't red by now.

"Nurse Lane... she attacked Tommy." Ziggy mumbled, watching as the ambulance pulled her away in a stretcher. The redhead could smell smoke coming from her friend, but she chose to ignore it. She'd ask later.

"Tommy?" Cardan, who was right beside Niki asked in confusion. "But Nurse Lane was so nice. Why would she do that?"

Ziggy and Niki glanced at each other. Nurse Lane did seem really upset the last time they saw her, so maybe that had something to do with the whole situation?

"Besides Niki, she was the only person here that was kind to me." Ziggy mumbled, not taking her eyes off the unconscious and woman.

Cardan wanted to intervene and tell her that he, in fact, was also kind to Ziggy, but he kept his mouth shut as he didn't want his mouth ripped off.

Niki held her friends hand, trying her best to comfort the girl. The girl wasn't as close to Nurse Lane like Ziggy was, but she understood how her friend felt.

A sudden force grabbed Ziggy by her shoulder, causing Niki to let go of the girl. The three of them turned around, facing Shiela and her little friends.

"Hey, witch. So sorry. I know you, rat and Nurse Psycho were close. I guess you can visit her in jail now." Sheila smirked.

Niki blinked. Did Sheila just call her a rat?

"Fuck off, Sheila."

Sheila got a bit closer to Ziggy, making Niki stand a bit in front of her best friend but Sheila ignored the girl. "By the way, you might want to check your stuff. I think there was an accident in cabin five."

Ziggy quickly went away and headed towards their cabin, ignoring Shiela and her small friend's taunting words. Niki sighed, following right after since it was technically her cabin too.

Cardan went to follow her but was stopped when Sheila grabbed his hand. "Hold on. I wonder what your daddy would feel when he finds out you've been leeching onto a Shadyside rat for the whole summer, hmm?"

"Shut the fuck up, Shiela." He couldn't practically hear his mother's gentle voice, telling him about manners, but he didn't care. "If you want your mom to keep her job, I suggest staying out of my way. Don't try and bother Niki or Ziggy too, because I will find out." Cardan snapped back, shoving the girl away from him as he jogged over towards the cabin. He knew that his father wouldn't do something like that, but his mother, on the other hand, would do anything for him.

Shiela was on thin ice, and if she tried to do something fucked up again, he was just so sure that he would ruin her life, not caring anymore if he was being rational or not.

When the two girls made it into their cabins, Niki gasped softly. Written all over her bed and walls were horrible things: Ziggy is a witch bitch. Ziggy sucks cocks in hell. Shadyside trash. Suck it. Slut. Monster.

Looking slowly towards her own bed, Niki wasnt expecting anything. Shiela and her goons have only directly targeted Ziggy. She should've been thankful— there was only one insult sprawled on her side, but it was worse. Way worse.

She screamed, jerking backward in horror and knocking over the table lamp on a spare table.

Her bed was filled with a large fish that had been badly mutilated, blood seeping out from its gills. Violently scrawled on the wall above the bed in fish blood were the words "CATCH THIS, YOU GOLD-DIGGING CUNT!"