Big brother. (Bruce/Dick) *angst*

Request Bruce/Dick. If you don't like the pairing, just don't read. This gets a little angsty and mentions child loss, so it may be triggering. (I like to end things with happy ending lol so it may have a part 2.)

In this Bruce is in his mid 30s and Dick is in his early 20s. (Just to give an idea)

 (Just to give an idea)

Dick had been having strange vivid dreams about a small boy standing over his newborn's crib. The 1st time it happened he woke up gasping and immediately rushed to check on his baby. relieved to find Xavier sound asleep. 

The 2nd time, Dick did the same thing. Only this time remembering how the boy looked. He had a familiarity about him, but Dick couldn't place it. It left him uneasy and anxious, but at the same time he felt like he really didn't have anything to worry about. They were just dreams. Right? 

The 3rd time, Dick grabbed his sketchbook and drew out what he could remember. A young boy, with bright blue eyes and a happy smile. He must have been about five years old judging by his size. The more Dick drew, the more familiar the child looked. He really felt like he should've known who this kid was. 

He kept this hidden from Bruce, not really sure what to make of it. In the dream, the boy was smiling happily down at Xavier. He had dark hair and brilliant blue eyes. Rosey cheeks and a slender build. In one hand he held a baby blanket. The same one Bruce had gotten made for Bellamy, their first son, with his initials on it. 

The one they buried him with. 

Each time Dick had the dream again, he got a clearer picture of the boy and would sneak into the nursery and sit beside his sleeping son, sketching out what he could remember. It was only while tracing out the letters on the blanket, that his eyes went wide and he choked back a sob, realizing who he'd been seeing this whole time. 

He went to work immediately to create the drawing on a larger scale. Working all night on it and into the early morning. When Bruce found him that morning, he was worried and anxious from having to search for his husband after waking up alone. 

When he did find him, he was overall confused as to why he was sitting out on the screened in porch, in front of a large drawing. He was very focused on it too. Carefully delivering each stroke of the brush with focused intensity. 

Bruce had to admit it was very impressive. The details were almost life-like. He looked it over, immediately recognizing the setting as the nursery with the detailed depictions of Xaviers things and his crib. The small silhouette of their son, asleep inside it. But what made Bruce grow still, was the boy in the drawing next to the crib. 

Dick was staring at it too. Almost in a daze, pencil still in hand and arm halfway extended as if he'd stopped mid thought. Dried tears marking his cheeks and his eyes slightly puffy from both crying and exhaustion. 

Bruce frowned deeply, pulling the pencil from his Dick's fingers as he knelt down beside him, putting a hand on his cheek. "Dick...hey look at me. Baby, what's going on?" He didn't get an immediate response, but watched as Dick's eyes slowly came into focus, losing some of the haziness that covered them. 

Dick blinked, suddenly aware of Bruce's presence and jumped slightly. "I-i...was drawing...the nursery and Xavier...from my dream." Bruce watched him search for his words and brushed his hair back. "I can see that...dick...who's the boy?" He spoke softly, grabbing his hand and squeezing it gently. 

Dick turned to the picture, a smile stretching across his tired features and a soft sigh leaving his mouth. "That's Bellamy...I've been seeing him. In my dreams. He's watching over Xavier. Like a good big brother." Fresh tears spilled from his eyes and he let out a soft laugh. "Our baby...he would have been such a good big brother." 

Bruce felt his own tears flow free and his heart clenched in his chest. His stomach did flips and he sighed out, eyes wide as he watched Dick. He didn't know what to say or do. It had been a while since Dick talked about Bellamy. And dreams? What dreams? He hadn't mentioned those either. Bruce was worried to say the least. 

He just pulled Dick into his arms, hugging him close. Dick hugged back tightly, but still stared at the picture. "Why do I keep seeing him like this Bruce...it's so vivid...like he's there. Like I can reach out and touch him...hug him...pull him into my arms and finally...after 5 years...hold my baby boy again." The sobs started fast and dick threw himself into Bruce's arms. 

Bruce could feel him shake and hearing him talk like that, broke his heart. He shook his head. "I don't know dickie...I dont know...he's beautiful though babe. He would have been so handsome. And he definitely would have been the best big brother." Bruce's voice cracked and shook,  but somehow his words still helped Dick. 

"I want to hold him so badly...just see him...smell him...touch his face. His hair. His hands...it's not fair Bruce...he was innocent...he was...he was mine." Bruce was sobbing right along with Dick and they sank to the floor. Both just looking at the drawing and staring at the boy in it. It was almost too life-like and Dick had to look away. "Take me to bed...please...i don't feel good." 

Bruce was quick to pull Dick into his arms and stand, carrying him back to their room. Luckily, it was early enough everyone else was still asleep. He laid down with him, just holding him close. "I know it hurts dick...I know it's not fair...it breaks my heart to see you hurting. But we have Xavier and I know he'll never replace our first baby boy...but he's still ours too. He's our perfect little miracle." 

Dick nodded, clinging to Bruce with an iron grip. His nerves wracked and his body shaking from the anxiety. Bruce just held him, stroking his hair and letting his scent calm him. When Dick finally started to relax, he just fell asleep. Bruce knew he was exhausted and just laid still, letting  him sleep. 

Xzavier was the best thing that could have come into their lives just a few months ago and even though he knew he'd never replace Bellamy, he also knew that a baby could heal so many things. He kissed Dicks head, whispering an "I love you." Against his hair as he closed his own eyes. 

He hadn't realized it had been five years already. Five years since their baby was taken away from them. He knew though, that together they'd get through this. Everything would be okay. Bruce would make sure of it.