Mate (Bruce/Dick)

Omega verse.
Bruce - Alpha
Dick - Beta

_______________________________________

Bruce hadn't really paid attention to the new intern at first, who was fresh out of prelaw and computer physics. 

He recognized the teens name from years ago when he was an acrobat, but now the teen was taking up an internship at Wayne Enterprise while studying to be a detective. 

He was smart, Bruce had to give him that. He hadn't yet met the kid properly due to his busy schedule, but Dick didn't mind. 

He was happy to just bring in documents and papers to be signed and occasionally a coffee with some kind of sugared pastry then leave Bruce to it. 

He was given his own smaller office right outside Bruce's and just used the quiet extra time Bruce didn't need him to study for his upcoming exams. 

This next one would determine whether he would be a detective or not. 

He had trained in military combat during highschool as an extracurricular and with his added acrobatic skills, he was lethal in the field. 

His ability to pinpoint the most random information and match everything up with a big red bow was an added plus. 

Anyone that knew him had no doubt he'd succeeded with flying colors. 

So why, on the morning before his exam, did he find himself restless and doubting himself? And why was this the one morning Bruce decided to greet Dick in his office on the way to his own?

He popped his head in, going off about a major meeting he'd be taking on later today and with a kid for that matter. Something about Drake industries and the heir being only like 16.  

When Dick didn't answer, Bruce looked up from his phone. The beta's scent made his hairs stand on end as it always did, though he would never openly admit this. 

He also smelled an overwhelming amount of worry and anxiety. It was then he noticed Dick was standing at the window, his arms crossed. 

He had taken off his blue blazer almost as soon as he got to work and rolled up the white sleeves of his shirt, just above his elbows. 

His tie was loosened slightly and his hair was hanging slightly over his face. 

The way he stood, Bruce could easily make out every muscle of the teens thick legs and the curve of his butt in his blue slacks. 

His back muscles were tense and tight and his lips pressed in a thin line. 

Bruce cleared his throat, startling Dick, his head snapping over in the direction of the older man. 

The flash of yellow in his eyes made Bruce hold up his hands. "Sorry...you okay?" Dick was taken back a little by the Alpha's soft voice and worried eyes. 

He breathed out, putting his arms down, hands in his pockets. "Yeah, um...just uh...lost in thought. I'm sorry, Mr. Wayne did you need something?" 

Bruce couldn't help but smile at the formality and put his phone in his pocket and shut the office door gently. "Dick, I've told you, It's Bruce. Now something is wrong...your scent is burning with anxiety. What is it?" 

Sighing in defeat, the beta rolled his shoulders back before looking back out the window. 

"It's my exam...everyone says I'll pass no problem, but-" Bruce puts a gentle hand on his shoulder, causing Dick to feel a sudden jolt through his body, but he didn't move. 

"You're worried that if you don't,  everyone's high expectations of you will dissolve. Right?" Dick slowly nodded and looked down, sighing out heavily.