Shall we (Jay/Tim)

Tim's POV

The dancing inside alluded to a symphony of harmonies melodies. All singing along to the same tune. A melancholy type tune to my ears. Pouring in softly before pricking my brain, leaving a sour taste on my tongue.

I wanted to be rid of it. To hide under the moonlight and watch my reflection ripple along the glassy surface of the Lily filled pond.

Tonight's vocation was not my first choice, nor was it on my mind to join the numbing ramblings of the guests. Pretending that their prodigious tales and ridged clinking of wine filled glasses was not something I found amusing.

Rather the opposite. The constant roar of contracting voices left me twitching, wishing I was laid up in bed or worse. My tale of woe only alluding my own ears though as I briefly scanned the room.

My eyes stopped, a new tune seeming to play more melodiously through my mind. A happy rhythm. Quite romantic as I swayed slightly, finding my feet taking me somewhere I wasn't yet sure I wanted to go.

There he stood. Strong shoulders and dark hair rolling back off his shoulders in short curls. They framed his face, setting his jaw off like a sharpened blade. Laced with jewels and a sweet aroma that only aided in heightening my senses.

His eyes locked to mine, a grin pulling at his lips as he cooked his head ever so slightly, his attention falling onto me for a long moment, leaving me dazed and locked in place.

I only stood still a moment before he beckoned me over, the slight twist in his wrist as he offered me his hand causing waves of electricity to play through my nerves. A layer of excitement added to my constitution.

Gingerly I slipped my hand into his, feeling his strong grip around my fingers as he brought the back of my palm up to his lips. His eyes still locked with mine as he placed a kiss on my supple skin.

The burning in my cheeks rose higher and heavier till I was sure I was ablaze with red tinted skin, flushed with an anxiety that tickled me in the inside.

"Good Evening, Lord, Timothy. Quite an exceptional party." His voice was low and resonated in a way that had my mouth drying up as I darted my tounge out, gracing it over my lips.

"Mr. Todd. Quite a nice party really. I'm pleased you could come." My voice wavered, betraying me to nervous feelings. His hand still clasped around mine, his skin warm and soft.

"Of course. Lord Wayne really has out done himself. I find it an honor to have attended." He bowed slightly, the white strip in his hair falling just into his face, framing around his cheekbone.

I found myself leaning forward, brushing the strand from his face and tucking it neatly behind his ear. "It's our honor to have you."

In turn his cheeks glazed with a hit of crimson, the grin on his lips only growing as he eyed me softly. "Well then, have we delayed our farewell long enough? The night still has much to offer."

He tilted his head towards the doors and I let out a soft laugh, nodding. "It certainly does. And I dare say we will not be missed at all. Shall we?" I waved a hand in front of us, taking his hand more properly in my own now and lacing our fingers together.

A gruff chuckle escaped his throat as he nodded. "My dear, we shall." He headed forward, leading me by the hand out into the crisp night.