I can't lose you (Jason&Damian)

Jason & Damian
Not a ship.

Jason huffed as he ran across the blacktop, dodging flying objects and bullets.

His feet ached and his legs burned, but he kept pushing himself to move faster. With every breath he sucked in, his lungs burned and his eyes watered from the pain.

He'd already taken his fair share of damage from this fight, but it wasn't over yet.

Damian was still so far away, fighting hard with a rather big goon. Not that it mattered to Damian. He knew how to use bad guys' weight against them, but it mattered to Jason.

While he was fighting, he wasn't paying attention to the fact that a bomb was set to go off. And soon.

Jason yelled Damian's name, drawing Dick and Tim's attention over to the youngest batboy as well.

Dick was immediately on Jason's heels, rushing after the goon to help Damian.

While Dick had him distracted, Jason grabbed Damian and wrapped his arms around him, diving behind a wall and folding his body over him so if anything from the explosion made it to them, nothing would hit him.

Luckily enough, Tim managed to defuse the bigger bomb, although a smaller one still detonated.

After a moment, a thick cloud of dust finally settled and Jason let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

Damian was still tucked tight into his arms as he lifted his head and looked around.

Dick and Tim were rushing over to make sure they were okay, much to Damian's annoyance.

Once everything was fine, he pushed away from Jason and stood up, glaring as he followed his brothers to the zeta tube.

Jason followed, frowning worriedly. He knew physically Damian was fine, it was just his pride that was a little hurt.

Normally, He'd let it go, but tonight had really scared him. He loved Damian. He was his brother and the youngest of all of them.

He felt more responsibility to him because of that. No matter how good of a fighter he is.

When they arrived back at the cave, Dick and Tim started talking to Bruce while Alfred fixed up the small injuries they had received.

Jason watched Damian for a moment as he took his cape and weapons off then gently, more or less, grabbed his arm.

"Damian, you need to be more careful." He wiped some dust from Damian's face as he scowled at Jason, going stiff and tense. "I was fine! I had it under control!"

His harsh words didn't faze Jason though. "Damian, I know you're more than capable of doing these things, but tonight...we could have lost you-" Damian cut him off with a "TT." and turned away.

Jason could feel the anger and hurt boil inside himself and grabbed him again, turning him back to face him as he hit his knees.

"Damian! You could have died tonight! This isn't like back at the league where a swim in some green water will bring you back to us...to me...I was terrified that I was going to lose you and...I couldn't bear the thought, dami."

His voice went soft at the last part, but the pain in his words were more than evident. He moved his hands to Damian's face, which now held a shocked expression.

"The thought of never seeing you again, of never being able to fight alongside you and hang out with you...You're my brother Damian and for fu*ks sake, I love you."

Dick, Tim and Bruce were watching them with wide eyes now, not daring to interrupt the moment.

They stayed silent for a moment before Damian lowered his eyes and just rushed into Jason's arms.

In turn, Jason hugged him tightly. A broken sob echoed through the cave and it took everyone a moment to realize it was from Damian. He shook in Jason's arms, hiding his face in his neck.

"It's okay, Damian, I promise. It's all over now." With a slight nod, Damian took a shaky breath. He was still getting used to the genuine love that Jason freely gave him.

With the league, He'd been expected to give his life if that meant winning. He'd been put in the pit with no remorse so many times.

To hear words like that said so strongly, he couldn't help but break down. Instead of anger because Jason took away his victory, now he felt guilty because he had scared him.

They stayed like that for a long moment before Damian pulled away and muttered an apology.

Jason wiped his tears and shushed him. "Dami, it's okay. I could never be mad enough at you to not forgive you. Just please be more careful, okay."

It wasn't a question and Damian knew that. He sucked in a breath and nodded before being pulled into another hug.