Anxiety (Jason and Damian)

Not a ship. Just a super cute brother Fic between Jason and Damian.

_______________________________________

Jason was more than used to dealing with panic attacks and anxiety.

Getting out of bed and putting on a smile was just as difficult, if not more so, then fighting off a bunch of baddies during patrol.

So when he saw an all too familiar look on Damian's face, he frowned. Concerned and worried immediately for his little. brother.

He usually kept a stoic face or a scowl even when happy or intrigued, so the fact that he caught this look surprised him. Especially since it was around anyone at all.

They had all been happily longing about the manor, enjoying the summer afternoon.

Dick was visiting from bludhaven and Jason was actually in a good mood and chatting with Tim while the younger teen was showing him something on his laptop.

Cass and Steph were online shopping happily, shoulder to shoulder on the couch. Duke was reading while lounging next to Dick who was watching the TV.

After a while, Jason moved and sat in Bruce's armchair, sighing happily at the unusually calm atmosphere when Damian walked in.

His hair that was usually neat was slightly mussed. His lips pouty and his eyes seemed unfocused.

Jason tilted his head to the side, eyeing him slowly. He noticed the slight shake in Damian's hands and how he shifted from one foot to the other.

Setting his drink down he sat up slowly. "Baby bird?" No one else moved, but Damian looked at him, making eye contact for a moment before looking down.

He brought one hand up to scratch the back of his neck. Nervously? Jason frowned more and called him again. "Dami, hey come here."

His voice was oddly soft and gentle, pulling up Damian's gaze again as he pushed himself towards him.

He didn't say anything as he stopped just a few feet from Jason, standing still under his gaze.

Jason put a hand on his shoulder, furrowing his eyebrows. "Do you wanna cuddle?"

To anyone else, Damian would have been furious. Yelling and expressing how stupid and unnecessary the act was for him, but with Jason he let his walls crumble.

He had connected with him even stronger than his mother and found him to be more comforting than anything else he'd ever known.

So with a trembling lip and a soft breath, he nodded.

Jason made quick work to pull him into his lap, holding him much like a toddler with his legs to either side of his, bent at the knees.

His arms tucked in between their chests as Jason wrapped his arms firmly around him. One hand moving up to stroke his hair as he tucked his face into Jason's neck.

Dick was watching in slight amazement as Jason just worked this magic on their youngest brother.

He even began to hum softly to Damian, drawing the others attention to them as well.

Tim raised an eyebrow then rubbed his eyes before blinking a couple times.

Before he could say anything, Cass gave him a death glare while Stephanie silently awed at Damian.

Dick brought a blanket over and gently draped it across Damian's body then smiled at Jason.

Once Jason was sure he was relaxed and calm he just held him, gently rubbing his back. He didn't know how long Damian would let him do this, so she cherished it while it lasted.

He knew how Damian felt. The sudden rise of anxiety. The sudden heart palpitations and the excess energy that the body let loose, but didnt know how to use.

He knew the clammy feel of shaking hands and how your skin didn't feel like your own. So he knew he'd do anything he could to make the feelings go away for Damian.