Chapter 1

A/N- Updates are changing to twice a month. The middle of the month and the end :D

-Third Person P.O.V-

*Location- Midtown Tech High School*

Peters' eyes wandered around the crowded lunch hall, his mind pulling him back to this morning when his uncle had already left for school and his aunt was angry. He hadn't done anything to warrant the anger that was shown towards him, but Peter was used to it by now.

His ribs ached with a fierce anger that he couldn't quiet tame. May had punched and kicked him enough to leave him black and blue, and making it hard for him to muster the strength to get to school.

Whenever he was in a position like that, he couldn't help but hope and pray that his uncle would come through the door and stop May from doing it. But he knows it won't happen, May always knows when Ben is going to be there or not.

"You okay dude?" Ned asks from beside Peter, looking at him in concern seeing as he had spaced out for a while.

Peter blinks back into reality, the memories of earlier floating away from him while turning his attention back to his best friend.

"Yeah, sorry, I was just thinking," Peter replies, a small, nonchalant shrug accompanying the statement. It pulled on his ribs and bruised back and he held back a grunt of pain, masking it with a smile at his best friend.

He would never tell Ned what was happening at home, he couldn't do that to his best friend. May would also kill him if she ever found out that he had told someone what was happening. He can still remember her telling him, with every punch and kick, that if he told anyone she wouldn't hesitate in putting a bullet through his skull.

Part of Peter didn't believe that she would back then, he didn't think his aunt, who had once truly loved and cared for him would ever do something like that. But with the years passing- five to be exact- Peter knew she wasn't lying.

"Have you seen Flash today?" Ned asked, catching Peters wondering attention once again.

Peter lets out a small breath, his eyes scanning around them again before replying. "No, not yet. And I honestly don't want to. I got away from him yesterday and you know how he gets," Peter sighed, his hand playing with his sleeve as a nervous habit he has always had.

Ned sends him a sympathetic smile as he pulled out his lunch, Peter followed swiftly, although you wouldn't really call his apple a lunch. It's all he could scrounge before he left, knowing May won't let him take anything else and having no strength to go to Delmar's for his free sandwich he normally got. It didn't matter anyway, he was sure later on he would eat dinner as Ben would be there too.

Secretly, he though Mr Delmar knew what was happening to Peter. Whenever Peter would go in there, Mr Delmar would give him his favourite sandwich- number 5, squished real flat- and say 'on the house kid, for my favourite customer.'

When Peter had asked about it, Mr Delmar had replied saying how he always had spare and didn't want it to go to waste. And that he wanted to keep Peter liking his sandwiches and not someone else's. Peter would have argued and tried to pay, but he knew there was no point, he didn't have any money either, and he was normally starving by the time lunch rolled around and he hadn't eaten breakfast.

"No Delmar's today?" Ned quips, side eyeing the measly apple that was in Peters hand.

Lightly, Peter shakes his head, "nah. Wasn't feeling all that well this morning and didn't really have time. I'm not really hungry either, so it doesn't matter," Peter replied, hating having to lie- well, at least for the most part. He supposes he really wasn't feeling very well after being kicked in the gut many times.