Chapter 20

*Location- Midtown Tech High School*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter walks into the double doors, a small smile on his face as he does so. After yesterday he had gone home and May had been at work. Before he had left, Bucky had given him a hug again and said he was more than welcome there anytime, and when they needed, they could go to the hideout by themselves to get away from the others.

He was more than grateful for everything that had happened. The others were all more than welcoming all talking to him and learning something about him, telling him he was more than welcome to be there and come along whenever he wanted to.

"Pete!" Ned called out as he made his way closer to the lockers.

The smile grew on his face and he turned to Ned, the signature handshake being done as though it was second nature to the pair (it really was by now), and doing so made Peter feel like his life wasn't so shit. At least for a moment that is.

"Hey dude," Peter greeted.

The pair began to talk animatedly about certain topics, such as the new LEGO set that just came out (which Ned is hoping to get for his birthday which is in a month), and the pair plan to build it together once they have the time. A new Star Wars had come out the other week and they were planning on watching it soon.

To put it lightly, they had a lot to talk about and not enough time to even talk about it all.

They lost even more time talking, when Flash made his way towards the pair, a smirk dancing across his face and distorting his features into an evil gleam. Peter held back a sigh, of course his luck wouldn't last, and if he were to get away without a beating this morning, and be happily talking to his friend.

But that wouldn't last.

"Well, well, well. This isn't good now is it. Penis Parker. Looks, happy," Flash sneered, a look of anger radiating across his face.

Peter bit back a groan and held off his eyes from rolling in annoyance. Jesus, all he wants is one day. Is that too much to ask.

Ned took a step forward, a scowl on his face, but even Peter could see the fear radiating from his body and knew Flash would be able to see it. "Piss off Flash," Ned spits, a glare residing on his face.

Flash takes a step towards the pair, his fake amusement being replaced with a malice glare. "Aw, trying to step up for you poor little friend. Doing a pretty piss poor job aren't you," Flash sneers.

Peter rolls his eyes and moves Ned back a little as to make sure he doesn't antagonise Flash even more. God knows the pair need more grief from him, and by doing this they only going to make it worse for themselves. Primarily Peter in this situation.

"That's what I thought. Good luck later Penis, you're gonna need it for what's going to happen," Flash laughed unamused.

The pair watched as he walked off, his two goons trailing behind- not before sending Peter equal death threats- and leaving Peter and Ned alone there. As soon as they were out of sight, Peter sighed and looked down tiredly.

"I'm sorry Peter. I'm so sorry. You need to tell someone about this though, it's getting out of hand," Ned comments lowly, a sigh falling from his lips as he holds his books a little tighter in his grip.

Peter shook his head quickly, holding back a wince it brought from the small jolt of pain that shot through him from his bruised (but very much healing) face.

"You know I can't do that Ned. His parents are the main source of income for this school. There's no way they would endanger that just because one kid is being hurt," Peter exclaimed tiredly.