Chapter 14

A/N- Early update cause I'm nearly done with the whole writing process and wanted to share another chapter :)

*Location- Bucky's hideout*

-Third Person P.O.V-

The next day, Peter was on his way to school, feeling better than he had in a while. Bucky had indeed stayed with him the whole night, and the next morning he had given Peter some food and a warm goodbye, much different from what he was used to with May.

Peter hated to admit that he was scared to go back home, he knew, realistically, that May didn't even know he wasn't home, after all, normally she gets home and goes right to bed, although recently that had begun to change. Now, normally it seemed she would wait until Peter was about to leave to go to school, May would decide to strike before heading to bed.

Hopefully this time, May would just think that he had left early, rather than thinking he had just not been 'home,' all night, but then again, he doubted it would make a difference to how angry May would be when he got 'home'. Although, then again, he didn't plan on going back until May was at work.

Before leaving this morning, he had promise Bucky to be back later, knowing he really didn't want to miss one day without going there. It had quickly become his safe place and he didn't want to have to go so long without being able to go and see Bucky and be there.

School came into view and Peter had to visibly shake of the fear and nerves that were beginning to go within him. He knew, realistically that he was only scared for later, but with every passing minute, it was growing closer and Peter couldn't help but be scared by that.

With one final deep breath he begun his final decent into school, unknowing that after today, his life would slowly begin to change, in way Peter never thought were possible.

-

The school bell rang through Peter's ears and he looked at the clock in fear. 3'oclock had just struck and Peter knew he had an hour to get to Stark tower.

He had an hour until he would be there, with Mr Stark, and probably others. How the Hell was he supposed to cope.

He took a steadying breath, willing himself to calm down and stood up while shouldering his bag. Peter had already bid farewell to Ned, and even though he had wanted to tell Ned about the internship, he wasn't sure if he was allowed to- that was something he would need to ask Mr Stark about tonight-. He also really wanted to avoid Flash, with his fast healing, and being able to eat something for breakfast (thank you Bucky) and have lunch (thank you Mr Delmar) his healing had worked nearly wonders. You could still see a little of the bruises on his face, and his chest still hurt a reasonable amount; however, it was a whole lot better than it was yesterday.

Peter made his way out of the class door, keeping his head down as he made his way out of the school. He couldn't stop himself from worrying about what could happen. Sure, when he met Mr Stark yesterday, he didn't seem so bad, but that could always be a front, after all, that's all people tended to do around him, pretend to be someone their not until they're alone with Peter. That's when they allow their true colours to shine and it normally ends with Peter coming out of it black and blue.

He knew he would have to be careful with what he said around these people, if May had taunt him anything, it was that more than anything, you shouldn't speak unless your spoken to, and you shouldn't make eye contact with anyone. Peter had learnt this the hard way with May. The only person (or people Peter guessed) these rules didn't apply to was Ned and Bucky.

Peter made his way towards the tube, he would have to take two trains and then walk about five minutes to reach the tower. By the time he gets there, he should still have ten to five minutes to spare, but he wanted to make sure he was early- or at least on time- in order to not get into any trouble. He really didn't want to make a bad impression straight away.