Chapter 18

A/N- So proud I'm actually updating let's go

*Location- Subway station*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter made his way through the subway, ear phones in and blaring music to keep his senses from being over loaded.

He was making his way toward Stark Tower for his internship, Mr Stark had texted him- because Mr Stark had said it was okay to have his number the other month so they could communicate easier and in case one of them couldn't go to the tower on the allocated days. He had said he needed to talk to Peter about something important and it put Peter in edge to say the least.

Over the time of Peter going to the tower, which was reaching 3 months now, or close to at least. Peter had started to become more comfortable around them all, yes, he still couldn't call the by their names, and he still struggled to not stutter over his words sometimes, but he was improving and Peter was happy about that.

Peter finally made his way out of the subway and onto the bustling street. Even as he moved out of the way of people, they still somehow found a way of hitting him out of the way and knocking shoulders with him. It was one of the reasons he hated being around here when it was busy, people had no sense of mind to even try and not walk into him and normally, they would end up hitting one of his healing injuries.

Today Peter was sporting injures- like always- but thankfully it wasn't as bad today as it normally was. Yes, his ribs were bruised and probably broken (Peter was seriously starting to think his ribs would be permanently broken or at least have something wrong with them the amount of times his ribs have been bruised, fractured and broken.) He had a bruise under his eye and a cut that swiped across his eye brow along with a busted lip. To others, it was bad, but to Peter, it was better than normal.

The bruises and cuts had come from May, although she had been quick as she claimed she had to get to work quickly. Flash had left him alone today which Peter was grateful for, he knows realistically, he shouldn't be grateful for something like that and yet, because his life had become what it was. He was grateful.

As he was walking down the street, Peter could feel peoples eyes on him every now and again. It was something he had become accustomed to, after all, people tend to find it a little odd seeing a kid walking around bruised and cut up. Peter really wishes he hadn't become some nonchalant about the looks, but it had been going on for so long now, that there was nothing he could do about.

He knew people would ask questions about the cuts and bruises, and he knew he would have to lie about it. It seemed no matter how much he wanted to say something, he knew he wouldn't be able to. After all, last time someone had found out about what was happening to him, they had ended up being shot and bleeding out with Peter stood over him.

And it- it was Peters fault.

Peter blinked, looking around and realising he had just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. He was quick to move out of the way and begin his walk towards the tower, knowing if he were late he would probably be in trouble.

A shiver ran down his spine at the thought of that, Mr Stark had never gotten angry at him, but that didn't mean Peter didn't need to be cautious around the man. Or around any of them really. One of them could snap one day and lash out, hitting him just like May did.

Sighing, Peter shook his head. Deep down, he knew he needed to stop thinking like he did, not everyone was like that. And yet, Peter couldn't get himself to believe it fully. Even around Bucky, there was still the small worry in the back of his head that something might go wrong. But he never let that one take over, Bucky- much like everyone else now that Peter thinks about it- had never shown any ill intent around Peter, there was no hidden malice in their eyes when they looked at him, and even alone, they would never say anything to be mean to Peter.