Chapter 25

*Location- Rooftop in Queens*

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter sat on the roof, deciding to ignore his senses. He knew he wasn't in danger, and if he was going to be honest, even if there was danger coming right for him, he doubted he would have the strength to fight back.

He really shouldn't have gone patrolling the more he thinks about it. Every breath seems to now burn with a vengeance and every bruise on his body throbs in time with his heart. Peter could feel the blood slowly making its way down his face, making him feel just as he did when he had woken up the first time from Mays beating.

As whoever approached grew closer, his senses rung more and more. It wasn't screaming at him to put his mask back on, or get ready to fight. It was more like it was just warning him of whatever it was that was growing closer to him.

Peter had a bit of an idea of who it may be, well, there were two people it could be, but he thought it might be one more than the other.

The thought that it might be both made Peter want to run, having a strange, horrible feeling coil in his stomach that he couldn't shake. If it was both of them- then oh God, this was bad. A sharp pain shot through him, as though it were mocking him and reminding him of the state he was in and the whole reason he had yet to see either of them.

His thoughts were abruptly cut off when someone hauled themselves over the lip of the roof. It didn't take Peter more than a second to recognise who it was, and a small smile tugged on his lips as he saw his brother rise from the ground.

"Peter, jeez Kid what happened?" Bucky voiced as he quickly moved towards were Peter was sitting. To say he was shocked at how Peter looked would be an understatement, he knew the kid would probably a little roughed up (it was sadly becoming normal for Bucky to see him like his), but this- this was a whole lot worse than a 'little.'

Peter only smiled at his brother, albeit it was very strained. He was more than happy to see his bother there, and even more so when he saw all the other rouges pull themselves over the edge of the roof. He could see all their faces change when they saw him, but for the moment Peter didn't really care.

As much as he knew Bucky hated showing any form of emotion in front of anyone aside from Peter (and Steve), Peter moved forward a little, wanting more than anything to hug his brother. Before Peter could even move an inch though, Bucky was already there, kneeling in front of him and pulling him into a hug.

"Hi Bucky," Peter mumbled, as he leant into his older brother, happy to see he had brought his hoodie with him- sorry, Buckys hoodie.

Bucky carefully wrapped his arms around Peter, he held him as tightly as he dared. "Hey Pete, you doing okay?" Bucky asked quietly, worry making it's way through his body.

They could both hear the other behind them both, and were grateful when they kept their distance for a moment. However, what caught their attention was the sound of metal landing heavily against the ground.

Peter couldn't reply before Bucky was pulling away, standing in front of Peter with a protective look. Tony also hold the same look, electing to ignore the people behind him and instead focus on the two in front of him, he mask was down, showing the worry and anger on his face.

"Get the fuck away from Peter," Tony growled, moving towards Bucky.

Tony was more than shocked to see the rouges with Peter, worry that they were hurting him or forcing him to show his identity took over and all he knew was that he needed to protect the person who was like a son to him.

"And why would I do that," Bucky spoke back, his voice just as intimidating and angry. The others were all stood on alert, ready for the attack.

Tony responded but Peter couldn't hear a word he said.