Chapter 26

The time went extremely slowly during the next few days for both jimin and jungkook. Jungkook had been blowing up the latter's phone from that dreadful day apologizing and asking him to give him another chance. All those pleads weren't helping jimin to calm his hurting heart as well.

It was even worse for him since when he went to school again for the final exams that semester, Jungkook had always followed and tried to talk to him but he had to ignore him. It was so hard for him to see jungkook's hurt expression. It was shattering his already broken heart. He knew it was selfish to think about his hurt when probably jungkook was hurting more, but this was the only way to protect Jungkook from his powerful father's clutches - jimin had convinced himself.

He had distanced himself from his other friends approaches to talk to him too. He had cut the conversations short to a  hello, how are you or a little friendly nod if they met in the hallway. He couldn't face them or have a heart to heart conversation because he knew his almost broken facade will break down for sure if he let that happen.

Everyone noticed the difference of jimin towards his friends and jungkook. Rumors spread, many were happy that they could probably get the old Jungkook back but some were sad because they missed the cute couple. Everyone of course noticed jimin's pale face, the eye bags under his eyes that looked like he hadn't had proper rest in years - this feature was exactly copy pasted in jungkook's eyes too. Jimin's eyes lacked any kind of emotion and his usual happy smile was gone.

He was doing a great job in fooling everyone except his friends. Especially taehyung and jungkook. They saw right through his facade and saw the broken boy, his hurt eyes. Jungkook thought it was because of what had happened in the bar so he continued to beat himself up internally for hurting his love once again. Taehyung thought it was that too but he knew there was something else his dear little soulmate was hiding. He knew he had to talk to jimin one way or another and that is what he was gonna do.

.

.

.

.

Taehyung was standing right outside jimin's classroom, so he could talk to the other right after he came out of the room after his exam since jimin had taken permission to go home right after his exams from the principal, so they hardly saw each other. Taehyung was patiently waiting outside for another five minutes when jimin came outside with no clear expression but turned into a nervous shocked face when he saw the latter.

"Hello jimin." He said with a sad smile.
"Taehyung." He said with a small nod before turning away to leave, barely keeping a straight face as his eyes burned.
"Jiminie wait! Please, I wanna talk to you." He said running to catch up with the other.
"We have nothing to talk about taehyung." Jimin said without looking at the other.
"Jimin please, we miss you. It'll only take ten minutes." Taehyung asked with hopeful eyes.
Jimin finally looked at the other. Taehyung's expression made his heart clench uncomfortably. He missed his friend too.
"Fine. But not here. Let's go to the cafe near the school." He said while he started walking away making taehyung finally smile as he followed the other.

After they got their ordered drinks and settled in the cozy cafe, jimin looked at taehyung and sighed.
"So? What did you want to say to me?" He asked.
" Jimin please just believe me, jungkook didn't do anything bad. That day that girl forcefully kissed him and-" taehyung's words were cut off by jimin.
"I know." Jimin said sharply.
"What?" Taehyung mumbled.
"I know he did nothing wrong. I saw the whole thing." He simply said while sipping his iced coffee.
"Then why are you ignoring him and fooling him into thinking  it's his fault?" He asked dumbfounded at the new found information.
"Because I-" jimin gulped heavily. He didn't want to have this conversation.