Chapter 3 - Sebastian

Ciel POV

The rest of the school day went by fast I had double science, and then it was finally time to go home I usually work in a near library after school, but I had a day off today.

I steadily started walking home thinking of things I could do when I get back, I could read, catch up on a few shows I haven't watched in ages. Suddenly my mind drifted to the tall dark haired guy from earlier, wondering if that's the new guy Elizabeth was talking about, I've never seen him before, although I don't really pay attention to my surroundings and the people at school, so I don't know many people there.

The cold autumn air crisp on my face as I walk towards my flat, the crunch of the multicoloured leaves beneath my feet matched perfectly to its surroundings.

As I locked my door and headed towards my bedroom, I flopped on the bed and instantly fell into a deep sleep.

I woke up two hours later and checked my phone the time said 6:21, I decided to get up and make some tea, Earl-grey of course. I decided to sit down and continue reading my book as I finished my tea.
After an hour or so I had a bit of a sweet tooth and after looking through all my cupboards and finding nothing that piqued my interest I grabbed my keys and phone and headed to a nearby café.

I opened the doors to the café and instantly got hit with a mixture of senses, I could hear the doorbell ring signalling someone has entered the shop I could smell the combination of coffee and sweets from the cake stand, I could see couples sat at their tables enjoying each other's company.

The barista signalled me indicating that I was next up to order I walked to the front, in front of me stood a taller blond haired man, who am I kidding everyone's taller than me, and what looked to be a tooth pick between his teeth.
I looked at his name tag 'Bard'.

"And what can I get for ya" he spoke in a rather thick accent "I would like a hot chocolate with extra cream and extra marshmallows and a chocolate éclair please" I spoke up a bit, so he could hear me, I paid for my goods and sat down at a table in the corner waiting for my éclair and hot chocolate to be made.

After a few minutes my food arrived, I looked up from my phone and saw a familiar face I instantly recognised as I made a huge fool of myself in front of him only a few hours ago.

"Here you go one hot chocolate and one éclair I hope you enj- oh hi it's you" I looked at him with wide eyes as he somehow remembered me no one ever remembers me some students at school call me the new kid even though I've been here since the beginning of school.

"You're the kid I knocked into earlier at dinner, sorry about that" he looked down at me "kid" I scoffed "I'll have you know that we're actually the same age I'm in the same year as you" remembering that I got that information from Elizabeth earlier that day, he spoke once more in a calm, smooth voice "oh yeah and how would you know something like that" he spoke with a smirk locking eyes on mine.

I was speechless, I didn't want him to know that I had been speaking about him with Elizabeth I don't even know his name.
" I.. um I just know you're the new kid the talk of the school everyone knows who you are" I played it off.

"I suppose" he turned around on the balls of his feet and walked back to his station.

After a while of reading and eating I looked up and saw him staring right at me as I took a messy bite of my éclair leaving cream and chocolate all over my face, he did a silent snicker as I hid my face red from embarrassment behind my book.

As I began gathering my things and putting them away in my bag the tall dark haired man approached me once more to clear my table, "I'm Sebastian by the way Sebastian Michaelis nice to meet you" he said with an out stretched hand "and you are" I looked at him and scoffed "not interested" I gave him a sarcastic smile and turned around out the door without even looking back.
Something in the back of my mind makes me think that I should have told him my name or spoke to him, but I just push that back and continue on my way home. I can't let anyone else into my life I came deal with being left alone again everyone in my life leaves I don't want to go through that again.

I won't go through that again.