Chapter 8- Sebastian's house

Ciel's POV

It's been two weeks since Sebastian and I started talking, I've not seen him in school much, and he's not been attending lessons as much either. I haven't asked him about it, yet we've just been texting like normal, but I was beginning to get concerned as his reply's were getting shorter and less frequent.

It was Friday and I got home happy it was finally the weekend I had work tomorrow, so I could relax today.

I went onto my phone to message Sebastian, I needed to know what was happening with him.

-Ciel- 'Hey, Sebastian I'm worried about you, you've not been to school lately, how are you'

I put my phone back down on the sofa next to me turning on the TV not expecting a text for a while, I flicked through the channels hearing my phone telling me I have a text, opening it up seeing Sebastian's name.

-Sebastian- 'Hey, I'm so sorry but could you maybe come over I'll send you my address'

I was surprised when he asked me to come to his house I've never been to his house before I wonder why he wants me to come over, I started worrying more as I switched off the TV going to my room got dressed quickly in black skinny jeans and a baggy hoodie, I grabbed my bag and heading out the door again walking to the address he sent me.

It's not too far, about 20 minutes. I decided to text Sebastian back as I remembered, I hadn't because I was in too much of a rush to leave to even answer him.

-Ciel- 'On my way, I'll be 30 mins see you soon' I texted back deciding to head to the shop on the way there.

I went into a nearby shop to grab some chocolate for myself and crisps for Sebastian, as I've come to know he doesn't really like sweet foods that much.

I neared the address Sebastian had sent me, my mouth dropped open as I came to a huge estate with huge electric gates, I walked toward the gates as they slowly started opening.

I walked the long driveway to the front doors and knocked loudly hoping someone would hear it and waited patiently, for some reason I felt nervous stood waiting for him.

The large wooden doors opened slowly, revealing the dark black hair and pale white skin I had got so familiar to seeing. Except something was different, his eyes looked gloomy and swollen and had dark circles around them like he hadn't slept in months. He noticed me and must have seen the concerned look on my face as he tried to give me a small, weak smile.

Something overtook my mind and I couldn't help but run up to him wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him in closer into a tight hug without thinking twice, my head leaning against his chest I could hear his heartbeat slow and steady almost calming.

I felt his arms wrap loosely around me, like I would break if he held any tighter. His head leaned gently on top of mine, gladly accepting the hug I could tell he so desperately needed.

After a while he lifted his head up looking down at me as I lifted my head up to face him neither of us letting go of each other as we stared into each other's eyes for a short while, his eyes held hints of sorrow behind the beautiful red river flowing through them.

He slowly released me and whispered a small "Thank you" in my ear, guiding me into his house to the kitchen. "Would you like a drink, a hot chocolate perhaps, it's quite cold outside"

I nodded excited looking around his kitchen it was a rather large room with a marble counter top table in the middle.

He finished making our drinks and guided me to the living room lifting down on the sofa placing the drinks in front of him on the coffee table, patting the space next to him motioning for me to sit down.

I sat down bringing out the treats from my bag handing the crisps to Sebastian "Here I got myself some chocolate and you some crisps because your weird and don't like sweet things"

He laughed, opening the crisps a popping one into his mouth.

After a while of us talking with the TV on, mainly just for background noise, curiosity took over me again wanting to know the answer to the reason I came over here in the first place as much as I really enjoyed being with Sebastian like this I needed to know what was bothering him I wanted to fix it and help him.

"Sebastian" I questioned, reaching out for his hand. "Please tell me what's wrong I want to help, it pains me seeing you like this, I miss your happy smile" I said looking into his eyes. He looked down at our hands and intertwined our fingers together, using his thumb to stroke my hand gently as he looked back into my eyes.

"I'm sorry Ciel, I know I haven't been acting the same and haven't been going to school recently. I know it sounds pathetic that I've been acting like this, I should just grow up." He sighed looking down at our hands again.

I used my other hand to guide his face to look back at me. "I promise you, you're not pathetic, it's okay to feel like this please" He gave me a small smile and carried on with his story.

"My father left when I was younger, he was an alcoholic and would usually come home drunk and with other women, my mum found out, and they argued all the time, she eventually kicked him out, and it was just me and my mum. About a year ago she became really ill and was diagnosed with cancer and for the past few months she's been in hospital, and I've been visiting her nearly every day, she became really ill, and the doctors said she wouldn't live too much longer, so I stayed with her all last week. And then she died a few weeks ago"

I watched as tears rolled down his face I wiped them away with my thumb holding my hand against his face for a while before bringing it back down to my lap allowing him to continue.

"And now I'm at the age where I am old enough to live by myself and I have no other family, I realised how lonely it is to live by myself in such a big house. " I felt damp on my cheeks, realising that I was crying as well.

Sebastian looked up at me in shock " Ciel oh no I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you cry I'm so sorry" he apologised wiping my cheeks with a small smile.

I looked into his watery eyes I tried my best to smile seeing him like this was soul crushing.

"How about we go make some food you look like you haven't eaten in days" I suggested standing up pulling him to the kitchen with our hands still interlocked.