Chapter 14 - Library

Ciel POV

"Sebastian"

I screamed as loud as I could across the school yard, he looked directly at me, although it almost looked like he was actually looking directly through me like I wasn't even there.

I ran, I ran as fast as I could to Sebastian I needed him I needed to tell him I was sorry and that I made a mistake, that it was my fault. He turned back around, and I ran faster trying to catch up to him, but it was no good I couldn't catch up he was too far gone.

I screamed again as he was getting further away as I ran as fast as I could feel my asthma catching up on me, the air getting thinner as I ran I struggled to breath, my throat got tighter as I was weaving. I couldn't catch him.

I saw him leave the front gates walking away slowly, it was like I was being dragged backwards, no matter how fast I ran I wasn't getting any closer to him.

"Wait Sebastian" I screamed one last time before he was out of sight, I fell to my knees my head hanging down, tears fell to the ground. "Please"

I sat up quickly in my bed screaming, feeling sweat drip down my face, my throat felt scratchy. It was just a stupid dream. I looked out the window, seeing the rain bouncing off the glass. I looked over at the time realising it was 6:55, 5 minutes before my alarm was set to go off.

I got out of bed feeling the discomfort from the sweat soaked clothes clinging from my frame, I decided to take a quick shower before heading off to school.

It was a Friday so finally nearly the weekend, which I felt happy about until I quickly remembered the details of the dream and the events from yesterday all came back to the front of my mind like an avalanche, this brought an instant frown to my face as I stepped in the shower.

After stepping out of the shower and drying off I went over to my bed side table to retrieve my phone, frowning yet again when I saw the only text was from Alois asking if I had done the homework for class and if he could borrow my notes.

I had no energy to argue with him today, so I just sent a message back saying I'll bring my notes in for him.

I looked back at mine and Sebastian's text messages hoping that It had all just been a dream and everything was back to normal but of course not.

I sighed, putting my phone in my back pocket of my jeans and grabbing my bag, heading out the door.

I needed to speak to Sebastian, I needed to see him and apologies, so I rushed to school early, hoping that I would be able to talk to him before my first class.

I stood at my locker, there were 15 minutes till class started, so I walked around school a bit to see if he was here, and I couldn't see him anywhere.
What have I done? How could I be so stupid to say those things too him. I started walking back to my lesson as the bell rang, and all the other students followed shortly after.

I walked into my first class which was maths and sat at the back of the classroom in my usual seat next to the window.
I looked over at Sebastian's empty seat and which wasn't too far away from where I usually sit but with him not there I just felt empty.

The teacher drowned on for another 15 minutes, giving us equations to complete before resuming where he left off talking.
The classroom door suddenly squeaked open slowly and in walked another teacher from down the hall asking for some student to take into the head office.

I sighed looking down at my work book when I realised it wasn't Sebastian just being late, he just wasn't coming into school again, and it's Friday meaning I won't see him all weekend either. A frown came to my face at that realisation.

I needed to do something.

I checked my phone again seeing nothing I decided to message Sebastian again I needed to hear his voice again anything, I just needed him.

Ciel - Hey Sebastian please talk to me, I'm really sorry about everything please I just want to make sure you're okay.

I hesitated for a moment before hitting send, switching my phone off and putting it back into my pocket.

Sebastian POV

I woke up to the sound of rain outside my window, the sky was a dull grey, the trees blew in the wind. I picked up my phone seeing that it was 11am, I was late for school anyway, so I decided it was best I didn't go.

I saw I had another message from Ciel.

Ciel - Hey Sebastian please talk to me, I'm really sorry about everything please I just want to make sure you're okay.

He's probably just saying this because he feels slight bad about the whole situation, I doubt he actually cares, I mean he made that pretty obvious yesterday with that whole speech.

I sighed and began getting dressed, I didn't feel like going out anywhere, so I just put on some comfortable clothes and heading downstairs.

After calling the funeral company and sorting out my mothers funeral details deciding to set the date for two weeks from now.

I didn't have work today, so I went to the library in my home to pick out a book that I could read for a while to kill the time. I reached the library pushing open the heavy doors the library smelled of dust and books as it hadn't been used in a while, I ran my fingers down the spines of the books examining which one to read next.
I grabbed a book sitting in the grand chair in the middle of the room.

Memories instantly flooded my mind of when my mother would read books to me when I was younger, I would sit on her knee in this same chair as she read all the stories to me.

The library was her favourite place, it was her place where she could get away from the world absorbed in a book she didn't care about what was going on in her surroundings.

A few hours had passed, and it was now 3:34 I placed my book down on the side table, so I could pick it up easily later. I headed out the library doors towards the kitchen, I filled the kettle switching it on to make a cup of tea.

I suddenly heard knocking at the front door as well as the doorbell ringing. I walked towards the door as the knocking continued, I opened the door quickly, wanting who ever it was to stop continuously knocking on the door.
I stood staring at the person in front of me as they stood staring  straight back at me.

"Hi" they said in a quiet voice their eyes not leaving mine.

"Ciel?"