Part 11- Sleepless nights

Sebastian's POV-

It was pitch black, and I could hear heavy breathing, I noticed Ciel next to me was shaking and thrashing about in the bed. He was saying something and I couldn't understand clearly, but I could tell he was scared. I brought him in my arms bringing him towards me laying his head on my chest I stroked his hair whilst whispering sweet nothing's in his ear trying to calm him down.

I noticed his eyes start to open, they looked scared and tiered, I could see tears form in his eyes as he looked up at me. I continued smoothing down his hair as he laid his head on my chest. "Shh it's going to be okay I'm here, I'll always be here, I promise"

After he decided to try to fall back to sleep, I laid down, and he cuddled up against me as I laid my arm lightly around his waist. His face buried in my chest.

I was curious what was troubling his so much, but I didn't want to bring it up again, I felt really sad seeing him like this, so broken and tiered.

I pulled him closer towards me, holding his small frame tight in my embrace. I could hear his breathing calming down as he fell back to sleep.

Warm summer light shining through the curtains, I felt a slight pressure on my chest slowly opening my eyes confused as to what it was, instantly relaxing when I saw the familiar head of hair.

He was scrolling through his phone as I woke, I placed my hand on his arm notifying him I was now awake I stroked his arm gently as he looked towards me giving me a small smile which I gladly returned, before turning his attention back to his phone laying his head on my chest.

After a while he decided to go in the shower leaving me alone for a while, I started thinking back to last night I didn't want to upset him by asking him questions about it, something must have happened to him and I don't want those memories to come back if I ask him about it.

After a few more minutes Ciel came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist his hair dripping down his smooth skin, he blushed as he noticed I was looking at him.

"Wow I was right you do look good like that"

He blushed even harder, his cheeks turning a bright red.

(SH scars mentioned)

I noticed his scars littering his arms, trying not to bring attention to them, as I noticed he was holding his arms trying his best to cover the majority of them. He went over to the corner of the room to grab his clothes before heading back into the bathroom.

After we were both dressed and ready I drove him to his work, so he would be on time, I knew where he worked now after dropping him off a few times, I parked up outside leaning across to grab Ciel's hand before he grabbed the door handle.

"Thank you for coming over Ciel I really appreciate it, I'm sorry I was such a mess when you came, but thank you for cheering me up and staying with me, I haven't been able to sleep well lately, but you helped that, and I was able to sleep well thank you so much"

I brought his hand close to my face leaning down placing a soft, gentle kiss on the back of his hand.

Ciel sat looking at me with a light pink blush on his face.

Ciel looked down at his lap before looking back into my eyes "Thank you for allowing me over and letting me stay the night I really enjoyed it, I'm glad you were able to sleep better, I'm sorry I woke you up in the night but thank you" Ciel spoke softly towards me.

I placed our hands on my lap, Ciel held tighter as if I would disappear. "I'd love to have you over again it's very lonely in such a big house now thank you"

I gave him a small smile as he released his hand, so he would be on time for work. Our fingertips danced with each other as we released our hands.

Ciel smiled saying a quick thank you before grabbing the door handle.

"I'd love to stay over again thank you so much I'll see you soon" he said before closing the car door and heading to the front doors of the library.

I watched as he closed the door and was out of sight before driving to my own job. I didn't have work for another hour, but I could just grab a coffee and sit on my phone for an hour before I started.

My mind went back to Ciel, he looked happy it made me smile seeing him smile I felt warm and seeing him happy made me feel happy, I smiled to myself parking in the employee car park at work getting out the car and walking to the front doors.