Chapter Twenty One

WARNINGS: character death, discussing trauma, and talk of pregnancy things.

"My conscience burning

My eyes are too

Cuddled up with a heart condemned

I should love you and I swear I do"

~*~*~*~

Wakanda. Earth. May 2018.

The plains outside of the Golden City of Wakanda opened before you as the gray and blue mist faded.

Chaos. Utter chaos.

Wakandan warriors fought against massive dog-like creatures. You watched M'baku, leader of the Jabari tribe, dispatch several of the space-dogs with his knobkerrie. You spied a burst of purple kinetic energy from T'Challa's suit. To your surprise and delight, Thor, sparking with lightning, wielded a large ax; your party ducked as it flew towards you end over end, not unlike Mjølnir. Sam and Rhodey flew overhead, using all the artillery at their disposal to slow the advance of the enemy.

"Dean, get a location on Wanda and hail Bucky," you ordered the AI.

"Can do," Dean replied.

"Y/N?" came a frantic voice over your earpiece.

You breathed a sigh of relief and new tears welled in your eyes. "James!" you cried out. "Are you okay?"

"Oh, ya know," he grunted. "Not bad..." The sound of rapid-fire gunshots filled your ears. "What were you thinking, doll? Jumping into an alien spaceship?"

"Sammy, Wanda initially ordered to stay with Vision in Shuri's lab," Dean interrupted. "But I've located her near Natasha and Okoye a few clicks east." You caught a flash of blonde hair and a green tactical vest down the battlefield as it disappeared into a large ditch.

"Good deal, Dean," you said, "Send that info to F.R.I.D.A.Y. will you? She should be back online now."

"You got it."

"Bucky," you said, turning your attention back to the man you loved. "We have all of the infinity stones."

"What? How?" he asked in disbelief.

You swallowed. "I'll explain later. I'm near the barrier where that portal just opened up. Tell Sam I need a lift; I'm coming to you."

"Copy that."

You looked behind you. Stephen and Nebula had disappeared into the fray to help in any way they could. Peter clutched the gauntlet, looking around wildly. No doubt discombobulated by the frenzy of the ongoing battle that surrounded them. His senses overwhelmed with terror-inducing sights, smells, and sounds utterly foreign to him. Helmet engaged, Tony and F.R.I.D.A.Y. assessed the scene, pinpointing the various locations of his friends and former teammates. "Tony, fly Peter over to Nat. Wanda should be nearby. Dean sent F.R.I.D.A.Y. their location. Then get him to Mount Bashenga; he'll be safe in the lab with Shuri."

"But I can--" Peter started.

"You've done plenty, Pete," you assured. "Please."

"But--"

"This isn't up for debate, Under-roos," Tony said sternly.

Peter swallowed then nodded in understanding.