Chapter Seventeen

Daisy, Ginny, and Luna all walk into the busy Great Hall together. Students and staff from all the schools bumbling with excitement. In just a few minutes Albus Dumbledore will draw the names of the tri-wizard tournament competitors. The three girls find their way to a set of bleachers on the side wall of the Hall. The girls sit on the second level of seats beside Hermione while Ron, Harry, Seamus, and the twins sit in front of them. And Dean and Neville sit in the third row of seats behind them. Daisy feels a weird feeling like someone is watching her. She doesn't look up to investigate, instead bends down to whisper something to Harry, "your hair is a mess." She says just to mess with him.

Harry leans back slightly, "you smell like the Black Lake." He says then continues "why is Malfoy staring over here?" Daisy then looks up to find the culprit of the intense gaze she knew she could feel.

"How should I know?" Daisy whispers back to her brother.

"Well he definitely isn't staring at any of us." He gestures to the other boys in the front row.

"Don't worry about it." Daisy says and this makes Harry turn around.

"You saying that only makes me worry about it more." He tells her.

"Don't. Really. It's not a big deal." She says and sees him go to say something else "let it go." She advises him a little more sternly then she ever had spoken in the past. Harry nods and let's this go for now. But makes mental note to remember to look into that situation later.

"Do you want to do our nails when we get back to our room?" Ginny asks "Luna is going to come over for a bit."

"Yeah sounds fun." Daisy smiles "Hermione would you like to come?"

All of the friends on the bleacher are shocked at Daisy's friendly invitation. Everyone turns to look at the girl with wide eyes.

"What?" Daisy asks confused.

"Are you feeling okay?" Seamus asks

"You are willingly inviting Hermione to something?" Dean adds

"Do you have a fever?" The twins ask as Harry leans up to put a hand on his sisters forehead.

"Quit." Daisy shoes Harry's hand away. "Well?" She asks Hermione.

"Yeah sure!" Hermione smiles excited. Normally Hermione has to insert herself into a situation with Daisy or Ginny will invite her. She is pleased with the progress her and Daisy have made.

"Sit down." They hear their headmaster say "please." He adds and everyone in the room takes their seats and quiets down. "Now the moment, you've all been waiting for! The champion selection." He moves his hand around the room to dim the lanterns that hang on the walls. He reaches to the huge goblet with a blue flame coming out of it. The flame turns pink but only for a moment as a piece of ripped up paper comes out of it. "The Durmstrang champion is, Viktor Krum!" The crowd cheers as Krum walks forward to shake Dumbledore's hand. The fire then turns pink again and a second piece of paper pops out, "the Beauxbatons champion is, Fleur Delacour." The beautiful blonde girl steps forward and Dumbledore guides her to stand beside Krum. The final piece of paper flies out and everyone is on the edge of their seats to hear who the Hogwarts champion is. "The Hogwarts champion, Cedric Diggory!" Cedric smiles excitedly and stands up, hugging people along his way to the front of the room. "Excellent! We have our three champions. But in the end only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory, the Triwizard cup!" Albus exclaims and points to a sheet. The sheet flies up and a beautiful glass and silver cup is revealed. Everyone cheers excitedly. Ginny bumping into Daisy with an excited smile making Daisy laugh. Suddenly the cup the nominees put their names in begins acting up again. The flame once again turning color. The room quiets down, looking on in confusion and intrigue and Dumbledore approaches the cup. A paper flies out once against. Dumbledore mutters a name but Daisy, Harry, and their friends can't hear it from where they are. He says it once again but this time everyone hears, "Harry Potter?" Dumbledore asks frantically.