Chapter Ten

"That makes literally no sense." Daisy deadpans looking at the boy in front of her.

Cedric laughs, "it makes perfect sense you just aren't listening."

"Of course I'm listening." Daisy protests innocently.

"Daisy I just watched you stares at the same spot on the bookshelf behind me for ten minutes." Cedric points out and Daisy pouts. "What's up?"

"What do you know about Sirius Black?" As the school year went on and the dementors had been seen more and more. Daisy couldn't stop wondering about this mysterious mass murderer that seemingly no one wants to tell her about. "I mean he's been out for months. It's November and he still is on the run?"

"Daisy if you are so curious maybe you should talk to a professor about this. I honestly don't know much except for him being a murderer. Maybe talk to Professor Lupin if you are worried? He was in the same year as Black." Cedric suggests.

"Really?" Daisy asks "how do you know that?"

"I got detention two weeks ago and had to clean an old storage closet. Lots of files. Lupin and Black were roommates in the 70s." Cedric says but daisy can tell he is holding something back.

"What aren't you saying?" Daisy asks him. Cedric just waves her off looking back down to his work "Cedric. What?"

Cedric hesitates, playing with the corner of his paper, "the guy black killed. Peter Pettigrew-" daisy nods showing she is listening "he was their roommate to." Cedric explains and Daisy's eyes widen in shock.

"He murdered his own roommate?" Daisy asks

"There's more." Cedric says still hesitant "your dad was their other roommate."

Daisy is speechless unsure of what to say or how to react. "Do you... do you think my dad was friends with Black?"

Cedric shrugs, "I really don't know." It's awkward and quiet for a few minutes before Cedric speaks up again "are you excited for quidditch to start again next week? First game is hufflepuff vs gryffindor!"

Daisy smiles at his way to break the tension, "yeah and gryffindor is going to beat your arse!"

"Oooo big talk from someone who can hardly manage to sit on the broom properly." Cedric teases

"My brothers on the team I get a pass." Daisy waves him off. The two laugh and tease for a couple more minutes before getting back to the original task at hand. Potions.

The week passes and Daisy now finds herself sitting between Ginny and Hermione waiting for the Quidditch match to begin. The weather was horrible, rainy, and cold. "How was the match not postponed?" Daisy asks nobody specific.

"Quidditch doesn't stop for anything!" Ron exclaims from the other side of Hermione.

"All I'm saying is this doesn't seem safe!" Daisy says to him. "The players can't even bloody see!" At that moment the three friends turned and looked at Daisy shocked "what?" She asks with crossed arms.

"Never thought we'd hear the day you swore." Ron says bluntly. Daisy rolls her eyes and focusing her attention back up to the sky looking for Harry.

"Is that Harry?" Hermione asks pointing up way in the sky "he's going way to high."

"I can't see him." Ginny says

"Me neither." Daisy agrees.

"He's disappeared into the clouds." Hermione says worried.

"Oh my god!" Daisy screams seeing someone falling from the sky. As the figure slowly approaches the ground thanks to Dumbledore's spell Daisy sees that it's her brother.