Chapter Twelve

"Scabbers!" Ron exclaims after a few moments of silence following Buckbeaks execution. "Scabbers get back here!" He adds as the dingy rat frees himself from Ron's tight grasp. Daisy and Ginny wipe their eyes from the tears and quickly follow after Harry and Hermione who are now running after Ron who is running after Scabbers.

"Ron! No!" Hermione yells after him. The group runs and runs until finally Hermione and Harry come to a quick stop. Daisy and Ginny nearly running into the pair.

"Harry-" Hermione begins "do you realize what tree this is?"

Ron comes back into view with Scabbers in hand, "now you behave yourself!" He says to the rat with wavering authority.

"That is not good." Harry answers Hermione as Ron kneels down, petting Scabbers.

"Why?" Ginny asks Harry.

"Womping Willow-" Harry answers her quickly "Ron! Run!"

This captures Ron's attention and he looks up, his face contorts slightly as he points his finger towards the group, "you lot, run!" He exclaims making the group turn around. Coming face to face with a rabid, skinny, viscous looking black dog. The dog growls at them with malice, "it's the grim!" The dog pounces, jumping over the group and straight for Ron, biting into his ankle and pulling him towards the Womping Willow. "Harry!" Ron cries.

The group begins running towards Ron and the dog with Harry in the lead. "Ron! Ron wait!" Harry yells running after his best friend.

"Ron!" Hermione and Ginny both yell after him.

"Harry! Help!" Ron sobs as he gets dragged down a shoot under the womping willow. Harry drops to the ground, trying to grab Ron's hand but is too slow and just out of reach as Ron disappears down the cave.

Daisy helps Harry up from the ground just as the four kids get knocked down by a passing tree branch. "Oh no" Daisy mutters to herself.

The four stand back up as they hear Ron crying. Hermione grabs Harry's hand and the two begin running towards the trees opening, dodging tree limbs that come crashing down. Daisy and Ginny share a look, silently agreeing to follow after them in order to get Ron. After quite a fight with the tree, Harry, Hermione, Ginny, and Daisy find themselves at the bottom of the cave. All piled on top of Harry.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Hermione says to Harry as she lays on top of him, Daisy on top of her, and Ginny on top of Daisy.

"Don't worry." Harry groans as they all stand up.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asks

"I have a hunch." Harry says vaguely "I just hope I'm wrong."

"Care to share?" Daisy asks her brother who finally turns to look at her.

"You shouldn't even be here! You should've gone to get a teacher." Harry says to her annoyed.

"So should've you!" Daisy retorts back.

"We couldn't leave when that's my brother." Ginny pipes in.

"That doesn't matter right now. We just need to go get Ron." Hermione says and the rest agree and begin their journey down the dark cave.

"Is this... wait is this the shrieking shack?" Daisy whispers to the others as the climb into a teetery old house.

"It has to be." Hermione adds "that was about the distance to hogsmeade." She says referring to the long walk they just had.

"Come on." Harry says pulling Hermione behind him. "Stay behind me." He adds to Ginny and Daisy as he climbs the stairs.