Javey- The Runner

This is basically a recap of the movie, just... improved... a little... 😉 

(I 'improved the truth.' Get it?... Anyone?... Ok, I'll stop talking now...)

Also, we're just going to pretend that being gay was okay back then. 

Alright, now I'm really gone.

David Jacobs woke up to an unpleasant sensation. Almost like his eyes were open, even though he hadn't opened them. 'Then why can I see' came the thought in his sleepy brain, which quickly snapped awake and away from his brother, who had been peeling his eyelids back while he was sleeping. 

"LESLEY JACOBS!" 

The small boy looked up at his older brother, with a guilty expression, before jumping over the bed and sprinting for the fire escape. 

"Get back here you little piece of sh-" Luckily, David stopped himself before he blurted out what was on his mind. Unluckily, Les already had half his body out the window, but the older boy simply dived through it, tackling his brother and trapping him on the fire escape.

'Well,' He thought to himself. 'This was quite a way to start the day.'

( [ { } ] )

After a hurried and rather small breakfast, the Jacobs brothers set out for their first day of their new job, selling newspapers. As they approached the place where they would buy their newspapers, the two saw a crowd of boys dancing and singing, until they all stopped abruptly. There seemed to be some sort of conversation going on. All of a sudden, one boy broke through the crowd, dashed over to a cart, rolled under it, and seemingly disappeared.

David looked around, quickly spotting two other boys, about his age, sprinting after the first guy. They seemed to have lost sight of him, and they hopped up onto the cart he had rolled underneath, they both quickly received a swift kick to the chest from the first boy, who David decided to call 'the Runner' to save himself confusion. 

The Runner walked, no it was more like a swagger, over to the cheering crowd of boys, before bolting again, this time running straight into David, who straightened up, and asked. "What do you think you're doing?"

The Runner turned to face him, and, 'Holy *bleeping* *bleep*, this guy was seriously attractive...  Wait, did my brain just bleep out swear words that I was saying in my head? What the *bleep*?'

He was so wrapped up in his internal confusion that he almost missed two very important things. One, the Runner's response, the word itself, "Running" wasn't very interesting, but his voice captivated David. And two, the red bandana tied around his neck. 

'He couldn't be... like me... could he?'  He just stared as the Runner ran off, wondering if he was imagining things, but he knew he wasn't. 

A red bandanna around a guys neck was a known sign that he liked guys. 

( [ { } ] )

The Runner had calmed down and they were all standing in line to get their papers. David knew the headline sucked so he only got 20 papers, but something about the two men selling them made him feel inclined to count the papers, and he found there was one missing. He explained that, got yelled at, then the Runner stepped in and vouched for him. He also gave him 50 more papers, which David didn't want to take, for some reason...

'Or you just want an excuse to talk to him...'

'Shut the *bleep* up, brain!' 

'And quit *bleeping* doing that!'