Javey/Sprace/Karah/Crantern/Ikeshot-Hat Swap Day

So, I saw this prompt somewhere (maybe Pinterest or something idk) but I thought it was a great idea. Then I forgot about it for a while, until I read someone else's one shot that used this prompt. They only did Javey though and I thought it would be fun to do more ships. 

For clarification, Karah is Sarah and Katherine, Crantern is Crutchie and Lantern, and Ikeshot is Ike and Hotshot. 

Characters are mostly the Broadway live version, except Davey, Sarah, Crutchie, and Spot, who are the movie version. (You don't have to imagine them like that, it's just how I do and how I'll describe them) And Lantern is my OC, he has dark brown hair and is taller than Crutchie, just imagine him how you want. 

Also, as usual, for the sake of my sanity Race has light brown hair. (It's just confusing 'cause Spot's blond) 

And yes, I'm bringing back Lantern. 

And yes again, I'm aware it's September. 

Set in canon era. 

TW: Swearing, sorta smut, homophobia

"Hat Swap Day?" 

"Yeah!" 

David gave his younger brother a look while their sister laughed. 

"Les." Sarah smiled, fondly. "I think you mean Valentines Day." 

"No! Well, yeah! But- sorta!" Yelled Les excitedly. "Romeo told me about it! Basically instead of giving your valentine a valentine on Valentines Day, you trade hats with them! And if one doesn't have a hat, the other gives them their hat! I think I'll give mine to Sally!" 

Sarah smiled sweetly at him while she adjusted the pile of laundry she was carrying. 

"Sarah, do you need some help with that?" Asked Davey, slightly concerned. 

"I've got it David." She tried to scold, but it still came out politely. "And you two need to get to work." 

"Yay!" Les hopped up excitedly. "Maybe I'll see Sally while I'm selling!" 

Davey and Sarah chuckled, then the boys said goodbye to their sister and they headed to the Distribution Center. 

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤎🤍

While they stood in line to get their papers, Davey noticed that a lot of the Newsies were either not wearing hats, or were wearing each other's. 

Romeo was proudly showing off Specs' hat, while said boy face-palmed behind him. Tommy Boy was almost unrecognizable without his hat on, and Davey did a double take when he saw Albert wearing a plaid hat (Finch's he was pretty sure) with the bill facing the front

But the Newsie that David immediately searched for wasn't any of these. 

"Hey, Race?" He began. "Where's Jack?" 

Race just shrugged. 

David took another look around, still not finding the Manhattan Newsies Leader. 

'Where is he?...' 

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤎🤍

After Les and Davey had left her, Sarah finished the load of laundry and dropped it off at home. Then she walked to the park, looking around for a head of red curls. She checked the time and started to feel a little down. 

"She wouldn't stand me up, right?" She muttered to herself. 

"I would never." 

Sarah turned around, catching sight of a girl about her age standing there smiling at her.