Crutchie/Davey- Who Did This To You?

Prompt- Romantic Davey and Crutchie modern era fluff where one of them gets beaten up and the other one gets really scared and takes care of them musical characters and happy ending because happiness is like gold in this world please!

Possible TW- A couple of slurs and bullying. 

They're in high school, maybe juniors or something like that. 

Charlie 'Crutchie' Morris was known for many things. He was a literal Ray of Sunshine, with a mop of messy blond hair on his head. He seemed to be able to light up a room just by being there. He accidentally hurt his legs so often that he'd earned the nickname 'Crutchie'. He had the best boyfriend in the world (his words, not mine.) And he was, by anyone's standards, adorable.  

David 'Davey' Jacobs was also pretty well known. He was the Smart Kid, with dark hair, combed down and neat. He was the top of every class. He had an adorable boyfriend, who he loved to the moon and back, and he was the best debater in the school (ask anyone). 

These two boys were dating, and they couldn't be happier. Even with all the teasing from their friends. They loved each other and for them that was all that mattered. It seemed like nothing could go wrong for them, until someone decided to try to ruin it. 

_-+=+-_ _-+=+-_ _-+=+-_

It started out like any other day. Crutchie woke up to the sound of his alarm blaring in his ear. Then he got up, got dressed, and dragged himself across the hall to Jack's door. 

"Jack?" He called. "Are you up?" 

No response. 

Crutchie sighed and opened the door. After navigating his way through the maze of canvases, paint water, laundry, and... was that toast? He reached Jack's bed, where his foster brother was still asleep.  

"Jaaaaack." He called in a sing-song voice. "Wakey wakey or I unleash my snakey." 

Jack instantly sat bolt upright. "I'M AWAKE! DON'T LET THAT THING IN HERE!" 

Crutchie chuckled. "Come on Jack, we've got school." 

Jack just groaned, falling back onto his pillow. 

_-+=+-_ _-+=+-_ _-+=+-_

An hour later the brothers had arrived at their meeting spot, near the flagpole. Jack hopped right into their friends' current debate on cheese, while Crutchie looked around for his boyfriend. 

He jumped slightly when he felt a pair of warm arms wrap around his waist, but he once he realized who it was, he quickly melted into the embrace.

"You almost gave me a heart attack Davey!" Crutchie scolded, but the effect was somewhat ruined by the warm smile on his face. 

"I'm sorry." Davey pouted playfully. "Forgive me?"

Crutchie pretended to consider for a moment before answering. "Hmm... Okay." 

"Yay!" 

Davey let Crutchie go enough for him to turn around and give him a proper hug. 

"How's your day been, Charlie?" 

"Pretty good, Medda made us pancakes for breakfast!"

"Luckyyyyy." David whined. "I got some weird, stale, old cereal." 

Crutchie laughed and Davey couldn't help but stare and smile. Crutchie always had that effect on him. He just wanted to bring that laugh back as many times as he could. 

_-+=+-_ _-+=+-_ _-+=+-_

Crutchie and David were walking down the hall, hand in hand. They had just finished lunch with their friends and had to separate for the rest of their classes.