Sprace- I Don't Care About You- Soulmate AU

Racetrack Higgins was 22 years old and he had no idea who his soulmate was. 

It wasn't that he was desperate to find out. He wasn't anywhere near as obsessed as Romeo. That boy had been planning his first meeting with his soulmate since he learned about them. 

But Race was curious about his unknown mate. 

He knew they were younger than him, but he wasn't sure by how much. He'd been dreaming about brown eyes since his birthday, but that was really all he knew about his soulmate. He didn't even know if they were a girl or a boy. 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Race is bisexual. *Shoots fingerguns* 

Little did this gambler know, he would find his mate sooner than he expected. 

And boy, was he in for a surprise. 

*Evil grins*

<^> <v> <^> 

Spot Conlon didn't particularly care about soulmates. Or love. Or any of that mushy gushy stuff. Sure, he enjoyed the occasional hookup, but he didn't have time for a real relationship. 

You see, Spot had an interesting childhood. 

He was born in Brooklyn. In a not-so-nice, or safe, area of town. 

At the time, the city had a couple of gangs. It wasn't terrible. They mostly stayed in one part of town so only the dirt-poor, powerless people really saw them. 

And Spot was one of those people. 

He watched when gang members broke down his neighbors' door and stole all of the inhabitants money, eventually shooting the whole family. He watched as all of his friends either ended up dead or in a gang. He watched out the window as his parents were gunned down in a drive-by shooting. 

He watched as the 8 gangs shrunk down to 2. 

He watched as they slowly took over the rest of Brooklyn. 

He watched all these terrible things, and he wanted to stop it. So, he concocted a plan. He joined both gangs. He thought that would be hard, but no one noticed he was in both. 

He quickly rose in the ranks until he was the third-in-command in one gang, and the second-in-command in the other. Then, the leaders of each gang 'inexplicably' dropped dead, making Spot the leader of one gang and the second-in-command of the other. 

From there, all it took was a few anonymous, threatening words and the leader of the other gang was gone, leaving Spot as the leader of both gangs. 

He controlled everything that happened in Brooklyn, and everyone knew it. 

But what no one saw coming was Spot dismantling both gangs, from the inside out. 

He had some members arrested, some sent to rehab, some were told to get out of Brooklyn and never come back, and a few, he took care of in a more permanent way. 

It had taken him 7 years to carry out his plan, but by the time he was 21 years old, he had singlehandedly taken down the two most terrifying gangs Brooklyn had ever seen. 

From then on, throughout the city, he was known as 'the King of Brooklyn'. 

<^> <v> <^> 

Spot woke up on his 22nd birthday still tired and wishing he could go back to sleep. He dragged himself up and pulled on his clothes, then started making himself breakfast. 

He lived in a two-room apartment above a little studio, where he gave self-defense lessons to anyone who wanted to learn. It was his idea, after he terminated the gangs, to make sure people could defend themselves, and almost everyone in the city agreed. Soon, there were many other studios like his all over.