Javey- The Runner Part 2

Here is the part two, as promised. Also, I just want to thank everyone who has read this so far! Thank you! 

The next morning, the Jacobs brothers left their house almost late. They arrived at the gates at the exact moment they opened. The other Newsies were already there and in a big argument over the new paper price. Davey watched as they all turned to Jack for answers. 

Eventually, the Cowboy stated, "Look, if we don't sell papes, nobody sells papes. Nobody comes through those gates until they put the price back where it belongs." 

"What you mean like a strike?" 

Jack looked up at him, "Yeah, like a strike." 

'Wait no that was a joke you idiot!'

"Jack, I was joking. We can't go on strike." He looked the Runner dead in the eye, hoping that he would listen to him. "We're not a union."

"Yeah, but if we go on strike, then we are a union, right?"

'He's not giving this up, was he?'

"No! We're just a bunch of angry kids with no money." He sighed heavily. "Maybe if we got every Newsie in New York, but-"

'NO! DO NOT ENCOURAGE HIM DUMB*BLEEP*!'

'Too late.'

"Yeah, well we organize!" Jack explained. 

'What the *bleep* Jack.' 

"Crutchie, you take up a collection." The Cowboy ordered.

"Swell." Crutchie chirped.

"We get all the Newsies in New York together." 

"Jack, this isn't a joke!" Davey followed him, determined to talk him out of this awful idea. 

( [ { } ] )

Needless to say, David failed. And now Jack was standing on a statue and, after some quick input from Davey, was yelling to the Newsies. He was actually doing a pretty good job of convincing them. Everyone except David was completely with Jack on the strike, but even he was warming up to the idea. 

After a well-timed song and a lot of dancing, Davey was on board, too, and they all gathered outside the door to 'The World' corporate office. 

Jack was once again struggling with his words, so Davey half spoke for him. The Cowboy started sending people off to different places, but when he got to Brooklyn everyone turned away and/or avoided eye contact. Eventually, Boots piped up in their defense, talking about a 'Scot Collin.' Jack then decided that he and Boots would go. And Dave would keep them company. 

His response was, "Sure, just as soon as you take our demands to Pulitzer." 

"Me?" The Cowboy questioned. "To Pulitzer?"

"Well," Replied Davey, smirking. "You're the leader Jack."

The two held eye contact for a few moments longer, before the Runner accepted the silent challenge and turned to face the door, took a few steps toward it, stopped, turned around again, and simultaneously winked at David, while grabbing the front of Les' shirt, dragging him along, and saying, "Well maybe the kid will soften him up a bit." 

'He's amazing.'

'SNAP OUT OF IT DUMB*BLEEP*! THAT WAS YOUR LITTLE BROTHER HE TOOK!'

'Wait, WHAT?!' 

( [ { } ] )

Several hours later, Jack, Davey, and Boots were crossing the Brooklyn Bridge. 

"So, is this 'Scot Collin' really dangerous?" David asked curiously.