Jatherine- I Must Resist The Temptation To Turn Everything Into Javey

Jack Kelly loved three things.

The Newsies; his family.

Santa Fe; the place his mom had told him stories about.

And Katherine Pulitzer; even if she was related to a snake.

He'd loved other things too, once upon a time.

He'd loved other people.

He'd fallen hard and fast and thought it would last forever.

With the girl who lived down the street. With the baker's son. With the young woman from the silk factory. With the boy across the bridge with sea green eyes and a bright smile.

But it never lasted.

So when a reporter with fiery hair and a quick wit showed up at Jacobi's, radiating power and confidence, he'd fallen hard and fast.

She was beautiful and smart, and she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Even to the most powerful man in New York. Just his type.

Everything about her drew Jack in, but it was how she interacted with the Newsies that made him stop and realize that she was a real person. Not an ethereal being. Not an unachievable dream. A real human being, with emotions and compassion and a little bit of awkwardness as she tried to talk to these boys she knew nothing about. But she'd tried. And she didn't give up. She'd stood her ground and pushed her point, talking to them like they were real people too, and she hadn't pitied them. She'd helped them. Stood down in the streets with them. Fought with them. Cried with them.

She stood with them even when Jack had given up hope. She didn't minx words, or lie to him, or give him false hope. She believed in them. In him.

And when it was all over, when Snyder was dragged away and Pulitzer put in his place, she stood next to him and told him point blank that she wasn't going anywhere.

He fell. In a way he'd never expected.

So he stayed. For a while.

Until they left. Together.

Jack Kelly had loved many things, but for now he loved three.

His family, the Newsies

His home; Santa Fe.

And his wife; Katherine Kelly.

But he knew in a few weeks, he'd add something else to the list.

Ruth Marie Kelly; his daughter.

I'm back bitches 😎