Ralbert- I'm Not High- Soulmate AU

So, for the first words on the wrist thing, it's for the first time you meet your soulmate after you both turn 22.

"Come on Race! Let us help you celebrate your birthday!" Jack pleaded. 

"I don't want to go to some fancy restaurant! We'd just make a mess again! Remember what happened last time?" Race protested. 

"How about a bar?" Davey jumped in. 

"YEAH!" Race yelled. 

Jack chuckled. "Okay! Bar it is!" 

ŒŒŒŒŒŒ

Three hours later, Crutchie and Albert arrived at a bar to find Jack, Davey, Race, Jojo, and Blink completely drunk. Race and Jojo were tap dancing, badly, on a table while Blink and Jack cheered and Davey recorded it. 

The two boys chuckled at the sight. Then Albert ran off to get more drinks. 

That was a bad idea. 

ŒŒŒŒŒŒ

Race woke up the next day on a couch with a pounding headache. 

He groaned and sat up, glancing around to figure out where he was. 

'Oh, this is Crutchie's apartment. He must have stayed sober and brought me back here.'  

He glanced around the room and saw Davey and Jack passed out on the floor. 

'Ok, maybe he brought all of us back.' 

He wandered into the kitchen, where he found Crutchie hobbling around, making breakfast with Blink. 

"Morning Race!" Crutchie chirped. 

"Not so loud Crutch..." Race replied, massaging his head. 

Blink wordlessly set down some medicine and a glass of water in front of him. Race smiled slightly in appreciation, downing the pills and the water. 

Once he had finished, he asked, "Who all is here?" 

Crutchie thought for a moment before answering, "Let's see... There's you, me, Blink, Davey, Jack, Jojo, and Albert." He counted on his fingers. 

"Albert? I didn't know he was there." Stated Race. 

"Yeah, you were pretty wasted by the time they got there." Laughed Blink. 

"Leave me alone..." Race muttered, embarrassed. 

The other two just laughed and went back to making breakfast. 

'I should probably check my messages.' 

"Hey Crutch, where's my phone?" 

"Coffee table." Crutchie answered vaguely. 

Race walked back to the living room and grabbed his phone, sitting on the couch to check his messages. Surprisingly, there weren't any, but he did find a new video that he didn't remember making. He clicked on it and was greeted by a very drunk group of Newsies, with Crutchie looking on in the background. 

He saw himself and Albert having a yelled conversation. 

"I'm not high!" Video Race yelled, giggling a bit. 

"I'm not drunk!" Called back Video Albert, very clearly drunk. 

'Wait. That sounds familiar...'

He gasped aloud and looked at his wrist, where the words, 'I'm not drunk' were visible. 

'Oh my God.' 

"CRUTCHIE!" He yelled, sliding into the kitchen. "Where's Al?" 

"Asleep in the guest room. Why-"

But Race was already darting to the guest room. 

He burst through the door and flung himself onto the bed, shaking awake the sleeping redhead. 

"Al! Get up! Goddamn it Albert! WAKE UP!" 

"Where's the fire?!" Asked Albert, sitting up, still half asleep. 

Race didn't say anything. He just thrust the phone into Albert's hands and went up on his knees, watching his friend's reaction. The redhead watched the video in confusion until Video Race yelled, "I'm not high!" 

Then his mouth fell open. 

He dropped the phone, scrambled up on his knees too, and made eye contact with Race, their noses centimeters apart. 

The two stared at each other with wide eyes before they both laughed and hugged each other tightly. 

Unfortunately, they were on a very squishy bed and they both still had hangovers, so they fell off the bed with a crash loud enough to wake everyone in the entire apartment complex, but they didn't care. 

They just looked at each other and grinned, still wrapped in each other's arms, happy as could be. 

"GODDAMN IT RACE IMMA KILL YOU!" 

And Jack still had anger management issues. 

Have some fluff! 😁