15✨

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE❤️

The same night
Jackson, MS
At Xavier's apartment

Kemari Avani Pierson

"Why? What's going on?" I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"Mama and Pops are arguing but this time we hear stuff breaking and Inari's crying, I didn't sign up for none of this" Shamaree told me.

"Alright I'll be there in a few minutes" I hung up on him then walked into the living room.

"What's wrong with you?" Syx asked me as I put on my shoes.

"I'll tell you later but right now I have to go" I stood up and grabbed my stuff. "I'll see y'all later" I told them then kissed Syx.

I left Xavier's apartment and was now on my way to my old house.

I pulled up and got out of my car. "Oh shit" I mumbled when I opened the front door. I saw glass on the floor and heard my parents yelling from upstairs.

I ran upstairs to Shamaree's room and saw Inari crying while he was hugging her.

I was going to say something to them but I ran to my parents room when I heard my mom scream. I walked in and tried not to step on glass. I looked at my dad and saw that his fist was stuck in the wall.

"Really Pops" I mumbled and helped him. "How did you punch a hole in the wall?"

"Oh look it's Kemari to the rescue again" my mama exaggerated.

I ignored her and tried to pull my dad out the room but he started yelling again.

"Leave my fucking kid alone. She had stepped up and took care of YOUR kids while you were fucking on another nigga" he yelled and walked towards her.

"Let's go" I stepped in front of him and tried to push him out the room.

"I wouldn't have went to another man if you actually loved me and YOU need to leave MY kids out of this" she yelled back.

The kids you don't take care of.

"Bitch you're a hoe" he waved her off. "I loved you with all my heart. You went and did some fucked up shit while our kids were waiting for you to come back home. My dumb ass was waiting for you while you claimed you were at 'work' Man fuck you"

"Stop." I told them and shook my head. "I know y'all can get through this, y'all have been together for 20 years. You guys need to talk about it like adults. Don't break anything or yell." I walked out.

"Pack a bag, you're staying at my house for tonight" I told the twins when I walked into Shamaree's room.

They nodded then I went downstairs to sweep up the broken glass.

The twins came downstairs when I got done sweeping and we left.

"Can we get some Canes? Or Chick-fil-A?" Shamaree asked.

"I want to try Zaxbys" Inari smiled.

Me and Shamaree scrunched up our faces and looked at her then her smile slowly dropped.

"We're getting canes, Nari you can try Zaxbys another day" I said. I didn't feel like trying something new. When it comes to food I like to stick stay in my comfort zone.

Inari sighed and looked out the window as Shamaree smiled.

30 minutes went by and we were now at my apartment building.

"That elevator ride was long as hell for no reason" Shamaree said.

"Stop cussing" I smacked his head.