CHAPTER 2 - Cupid Screwed Up

BRYCE P.O.V

Castor is sitting with the support of a shelf.
Guess he got a panic attack, again!
He has breathing problems.

My mother is finding the medicine bottle to help his breathing state go back to normal.

She is obviously finding medicine in this general store where we go to grab our necessities and Castor's medicines.

Everytime we go, this general store is found empty, as always. Anyway, She was struggling to reach the medicine bottle, but tip-toed and managed to grab it, carefully!

She fed him the pill and asked him to swallow it with water. He did what she asked for and a whilst later he was back on the track. I was looking at them from behind the shelves; worrying for the lil one.
My mom turned around and mouthed, "He's okay" ; as if her instincts knew I'd be there, I heaved a sigh of relief.

After my mom went to grab some other necessities, I go ahead and sit the opposite side of my brother. He was drawing something with a marker on the cold floor as I watched him.

After a minute or two, he whispered, "Rocket" and a smile immediately appears on my face as I see him smiling.

I whispered, "Good job!"
To which he replied, "that's how...we'll get away from here" using sign language. My smile almost immediately faded away. I realised how eager he was to run away and free himself from this living hell. He stood up and went to...Mom, I'm guessing,

And I went to Dad. He was packing some stuff in his backpack. My mother came to us and said, "It'll be dark soon" using sign language. After a while my brother came too and showed Dad a toy which was...Rocket?

It was a toy which can make weird noises

So my Dad took the toy away from him and removed the batteries and placed the rocket on the table, and started to use sign language to communicate to Castor.

He said, "Listen to me- *sigh* Too loud"
To which my brother nodded. My mom smiled and caressed Castor's cheek. Then my parents went out of the store and told us to follow them.
_______________________________________________

CASTOR P.O.V

My parents went out and my sister and I were still in the shop, she gave me the toy rocket without any batteries in 'em and kept her pointer finger on her lips as a sign to keep this as a secret and smiled, then went out to follow our parents.