Chapter 25 - Tear

'Between the end and another beginning...'

"Are you crazy? Why are you snapping?" The sound made by Elias left Alisson bewildered, she's worried as, according to her, the creature could appear here any minute now.

"Relax, Mum. Nothing's going to happen." Elias replied, shrugging the tension off.

Allison looked at Bryce for answers, only for her to keep a hand on her mom's shoulder; as a gesture of comfort, as a way to just tell her that it was fine. Bryce looked over from Alisson's shoulder, making eye contact, they had a conversation that went unheard by Allisson.

Elias strides towards the 'radio station' table, checking to see if there are any loose ends. In the meantime, Alisson heard light footsteps, she looked over to the staircase to see Adan coming downstairs, and she gulped.

Elias and Bryce stood still in their places as if they were caught in their 'robbery'. "Whatever you're doing right now, drop it. A water pipe has been torn apart, there's water filling inside the house, the barn included." After hearing Adan's words, Alisson's heart dropped to its stomach. She could think of only one thing; the baby. Sensing the tension fuming on her forehead Adan spoke, "I'm aware, that's why I came here to take Bryce with me, I'll need a hand." Reassuring her, in sign language.

Bryce nodded at Adan, but before creeping up the stairs she went towards Elias, whispered something in his ears, and then continued to walk away with her dad.

"Your sister's in a chest box, inside the barn outside. Chances are that the creature might already be on its stride because of the baby." Adan talked, revealing the information Bryce was unaware of.

On the other hand, whilst Bryce and Adan are running to reach the barn, the baby cries alerting the creature into the barn.

The creatures fail to find the resource from which the voice occurred; breaking more pipes. due to which the barn is now flooded almost halfway up the ceiling.

Thecreature made its way outside the barn. Adan and Bryce saw the creature fromits back, he signaled Bryce by motioning his head to the outside, and Brycenodded. With the flick of his wrists,  Adan motions Castor to follow him.

Both of them, swim in the flood. Adan decides to reach the box by swimming under the water. Whilst Castor heads out with Bryce, not following his father's orders.

Adan looks behind him to check if Castor's tagging along, only to find the presence of no one. His forehead creased but shrugged it off with the thought that he might be a little behind. He fastens his pace and finally swam up to heave in oxygen above the surface water. 'The water is filling up' He thought.

BRYCE P.O.V.

I could hear light footsteps coming from behind me, I stopped and looked back only to find Castor following me. "Why the fuck are you here? You were supposed to help Father distract the creature!" My anger was visible from my facial expression while I scolded him via sign language.

"He didn't instruct me about anything!" He justified.

"Well, if you'd be smart enough to have a little patience, you would've waited and just simply followed him." I spat back.

"Lookjust head back, okay? You can't possibly come with me-" "Why, what are yougonna do?" Before I could complete my sentence, he questioned me. I sighed and replied, "I have to distract the creature towards the basement."

"I can take him there, lighting the fireworks will just make him destroy everything."

"How do you...?"

"So, just have patience and come with me to the basement."

"Where will Dad go?" I asked.

"He may have to stay hidden inside the water with the baby." He replied, probably, not exactly knowing what to do.

CASTOR'S P.O.V.

I'm not sure if this will be a success or not but I have to help. Bryce and I, made a run back to the house's back door, from where we could directly enter the basement.

I creek open the door, only to find Elias. "Where's mom?" I asked him. "She's safe, don't worry." I doubted his words so I looked back at Bryce, she smiled and nodded. Okay, I guess? She nodded at Elias and then at me, and I got the green light to begin with my task.

I went to the basement's back portion, picked up a brick, and tossed it outside the window; breaking it. I quickly made my way to the staircase and I hid behind the free space.

ADAN'S P.O.V.

I had to stay hidden inside the water however the baby i.e. the box was in my hands. Suddenly, I heard a loud distant sound as if a window had just been broken. The sound echoed through the air, a sharp, jarring noise that seemed to pierce the silence; alerting the creature.

I heard heavy thumping, and the water splashing, so I opened my eyes just to see the creature growling, he rushed in the direction of the basement, I think.

BRYCE P.O.V.

I heard some splattering and a few things breaking, heaving in a long sigh, "He's here." I mouthed to Elias; he nodded. 'Okay, I can-' my thoughts were interrupted when the creature came marching towards both of them, destroying a bunch of things on the way because water didn't fill up in this part of the house.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

Hebegins attacking them, and while doing so he breaks a few of the radio station equipmentfrom which passes out high-pitched electromagnetic waves. Elias and Bryce cover their ears to suffice and take repulsive action.

The creature's disruptive effect on electronics causes Bryce's cochlear implant to emit a high-pitched noise which causes the creature to reel in pain and retreat, breaking a hole in the silo.

They run behind the creature; following him only to watch him enter through the back gate again and ambush them.

This time Elias uses his power and traps him in the middle of the table. Bryce, remembering his weakness, executes the plan.

She proceeds to remove her implant and quickly places it on the microphone lying still on the table. Due to this, the implant amplifies the high-pitched noise that causes the creature to reel in pain and expose its soft vulnerable inner mouth that is full of teeth at all angles.

Bryce signals Elias by nodding to her, who is now holding a sniper in his hands. He aims at the creature's inner exposed mouth and shoots right in the middle, making him fall to the ground with a loud thump.

Red blood all over the floor was oozing out of the creature's mouth.

What Elias and Bryce or any other member of the family failed to notice is that when the creature first headed out the silo by making a huge destructive hole in it, he howled, loudly; alerting the other creatures of every other area nearby in the town.

Bryce scoots down near the creature just to make sure that he is dead, she exhales a sigh of relief when she confirms his death.

A loud growl was heard, Bryce stood up and turned on the computer's camera. What they saw on the screen shook their souls. Several other creatures, some were big, others were yet babies. They all were built differently; their body shape was entirely different than the one they happened to kill successfully.

Bryce walks back towards the staircases and lets her brother; she takes him near the computer's screen for him to see. Bryce then proceeds to put her cochlea implant back into her ear and grabs a rifle from the table from the other corner of the wall.

Now, armed with a new weapon against the creatures, the family along with Elias prepares to defend themselves from other creatures.