CHAPTER 19 - I'm Calling The Police

GEORGE P.O.V.

"I didn't knew creatures existed in 21st century..." I remarked as I entered in the room of the most adorable person I have ever known.

"Well, I don't buy it. 'Cause you too are bitten by a creature itself." Bryce tauntingly said to me and patted the space on the bed beside her, asking me to sit.

"I'm so grateful you reminded me." I said in a not so pleasing tone.

"You're welcome, dumbass!" Bryce sassily flipped her not so long hair.

"Okay, jokes aside, tell me that for how long you've been surviving through this shit?" I asked, making the atmosphere dead silent.

Bryce heaved in a long sigh before answering to my question.

"Georgie, we came in the city of Vernon in 2019. It's almost been 5 years, now that we're stuck here. At first we were busy finding a transport to escape this spooky place after finding out that we were surrounded by creatures who killed humans if they make a slightest of noise. But now, after my dad, did so many of researches on these creatures, he decided to find the actual reason on them turning out to be like this. Look, we all know that its 21st century and its impossible for such creatures to be alive. Heck, even dinosaurs died thousands of years ago then how come these creature are still alive!"

"Wait, so you're telling me that these creatures do not make human beings as their food? They only attack people if they make a sound?"

"Yeah, because they think that we'll harm them."

"Hmm... doesn't make sense but okay"

"So was dad able to find the actual reason on them turning out to be like this?"

"Okay, here's a secret. When I lost my hearing power-"

"YOU WHAT?!"

"Shu...fucking calm your shit down!"

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU LOSE YOUR SENSE OF HEARING? AND IF YOU DID, THEN HOW ARE YOU STILL ABLE TO HEAR ME?"

"George, do you want me to fit a silencer down your throat?"

"Nah, I'm good."

"Then fucking stop questioning and hear me out!" His lips formed a thin line as he looked down.

"I was with dad, in the supermarket, buying grocery items. There I saw- wait, wasn't it you because of whom I blacked out after we had that starring competition and when I woke up I found myself in that creepy ass forest?"

"What are you talking about? How can it be me? You must be hallucinating."

"Shut up, I wasn't hallucinating! You literally had a conversation with me and now you're telling me that I was the one who had an illusion?"

"Look, that's not what I meant..."

"Then, tell me, what do you mean? How can you explain that you said 'goodbye princes' to me when I blacked out?"

"I- What?"

"Yes..."

"Bryce, believe me, it really wasn't me."

"George this isn't the first time you tried to harm me. We even met in that not so familiar house which you certainly claimed to be your world. You even said that you wanted me there, you even tried to trap me in your world."

"I- URGH!"

"W-What's wrong?"

BRYCE P.O.V

George clutched onto his head real tight. He was losing his balance so I swiftly held onto his arm and supported his back by placing my hand. I slightly lifted him, more like dragged him to the bed's wall so that he could sit. I always had a jar of water on the side of my bed, like a shot I poured out some water for him in a glass. I bought the glass of water near his lips and helped him drink it. I was relieved at the sight, because now he was coming back to his consciousness.