CHAPTER 22- The Second Big Bang

The term 'Eidolon' refers to a Sentient that is on the brink of death and heavily fragmented. A Sentient may become an Eidolon when they take fatal damage, or when they are drained of life. This can be reversed if the fragments are put back together, or if the Sentient receives enough energy to revitalize itself. Eidolons are created from the souls of humanoids who demonstrated an unwavering devotion to their chosen God. As a reward for their fervent service, Gods can turn these souls into Eidolons: ghostly spirits with an oath to protect a place of sacred importance to their God. With a multitude of resistances and immunities, even with a low AC, they are still powerful enemies against most players. Eidolons work alongside the sacred statues in such places, inhabiting them and then using the animated statues to crush unwanted trespassers. A single eidolon is capable of providing a handful of opponents.

THIRD PERSON P.O.V.

"But according to my knowledge this isn't how an Eidolon would look like..." Bryce stated earning a shook from him.

"He was utterly accurate, you're truly the one for this job, judging from how smart you are." He announced. Bryce only side-eyed him, waiting for his response.

"Well, Bryce, that's right, but as you know I wasn't allowed to reveal my true identity that means I couldn't show my true form so I disguised myself as I zombie."

"That means that you were splinted apart and God didn't put your fragments back together neither did your Sentients received enough energy to revitalize itself and as your fragments were still alive, you had this urge to reform back to life so you took George's soul?" Bryce asked despite knowing the answer to her question.

"You already know it." He said, not bothering to clear up her confusion.

Bryce shrugged as she got her answer, "But weren't eidolons evil creatures? Then why are you here helping me?"

"Yes, they still are evil but my case is different, God helped me when I was helpless by every means. So, I decided to devote my life to him while still living me before like life but also going when he calls for me. The area that you and your family is stuck in is mine but these creatures have invaded in. Of course, I can finish them off by myself but that's not for me to do as instructed by God, you're the one chosen for this." The Eidolon explained.

"But why did you have to drag poor George in this, he got nothing to do with all this!" Bryce exclaimed.

"He fitted every proportion I needed in a body to enter; disturbed and abusive childhood, depressed, having no one beside him, having a strong and smart mindset, a built-up body, having experienced almost everything, he just had it all and besides the key point, only by which I could help you is because he's related to you; he's in love with you and you are too..."

Bryce exhaled a frustrated breath that she didn't know she was holding in, trying her best to keep her cool and not burst out she asked, "So, uhm...do you any name by which I can call you or do I just say Eidolon all the time?" Her question took him off guard, he couldn't predict what exactly was she trying to do. So, he just shrugged and replied, "I don't... I don't really have a name, call me whatever you want to."

Bryce lips twitched in a response and she rolled her eyes at him, knowing pretty well that now she has to tackle two guys at the same time. She licked her lips; a habit she adapted from her brother, thinking him a good name in accordance to his personality. Her thoughts were interrupted when he remarked saying, "You better give me a good Greek name that suits my personality."

"I thought you said you didn't really care of what I call you by." Bryce smirked.

"You're gonna call me out in open, so, of course I care about my image." He stated making Bryce huff at his excuse of just getting a good name in person for the first time. 'Why can't he just admit that he's excited? Gosh, he's so stubborn!' Bryce thought.

"Pfft...who's even gonna see you." Bryce mumbled under her breath, making Eidolon perk his ears up, "Did you just blurt something out?" He asked.

"Nope." She lied.

"I heard you." He remarked, side-eyeing her.

"Good for you then!" She huffed and turned around, her back facing him as she folded her arms around her chest.

"Oh, com'on!" He said, putting his hands in the air, "You can't be doing this to me, can you?" To which Bryce replied, "I can."

"So, you wanna play games now?

"Weren't you playing that with me all this time?" she fired back at him.

"Okay...okay, I'm sorry but now look at this." She gave in and turned around, letting her arms fall to her sides. The Eidolon, then flattened his hand out in air and showed Bryce a constellation of stars on his literal palm, taking Bryce's breath away.

"OMG! That's so pretty. Can I touch it?" Squealing, she asked him. He, on the hand, only closes his fist off, disappearing the constellation and says, "So you finally talk to me pretty, huh? I guess stars really did the deal." To which Bryce huffs and remarks, "Didn't have to mean in the first place..."

"It was you, not me." He proclaims.

"Urgh fine! Anyways, let's get you a name, so, what do you think of Aaron?" Giving him options, she says.

"Nahh, too plain." He declined, shrugging off.

"So, how about... Eros?"

"Pfft what am I? Full of desires? Heck no!"

"So, Elias?" She asks in hope that he won't decline this 'cause it fits him perfectly.

"Free? Heck yes, that's it!" He accepts, cheerfully.

"So, Elias, were you in George's body all along his teenage years or did you just get him now?"

"Of course not! I'm in this body from the past six years." He claimed, turning Bryce's face into a 'O' shape. There's a brief silence in the room before Bryce finally comes to her point, "So, have you planned anything or do I just spill mine?"

"You got something?" He asks, totally being amused.

"I won't technically call it a full proof but I've got to know their weakness." She declares.

"THEY'VE GOT A WEAKNESS??" Elias yelled, not believing that he wasn't aware of it.

'Guess he didn't know' Bryce says to herself. "Uhm, I, myself got to know about it after I lost my hearing sense..." She trailed off.

"YOU WHAT??" He exclaimed. From this, Bryce had confirmed that both of the persons can't remember each other's talks. She sighs and murmurs to herself, 'I'd have to repeat it all over again' So, she finally breaks all of the incidents that has happened till now, not forgetting to mention that the creature can't bear the screeching noise coming from her amplifier. After hearing about all the mess, the atmosphere went dead silent, Elias didn't say anything for a good while and Bryce was impatiently waiting for him to say something; just anything. Not being able to hold back anymore she breaks the uncomfortable silence,

"So, are we gonna go with this plan or are you planning to make a new one?" She asks, startling him out of his thoughts.

"Oh? Uhm... we'll think about it." He says, shutting the topic off. Bryce knew that something was off from the moment she disclosed things to him but she just couldn't tell what.

"He's calling for me." Elias says, hinting that he's taking his leave. Bryce understood it and nods at him, in a hope that he'll be back after sometime, or at least when the Corpse Flower comes back.

---To Be Continued.