CHAPTER 17 - The Endless Darkness and Mystery of the Ocean

BRYCE P.O.V

The white walker greeted me in awe.
I was flabbergasted at first, but soon recovered to my original composure.

It's kinda hard to believe that he actually showed up, just by me calling out for him.

He was the first one to start a conversation.

"So...you finally bothered to take a trip down to your memory lane and recall my presence in your past life?" He asked hopefully in a sarcastic way.

"Well, I have a doubt on you being someone I know, someone who is really close to my heart."
I spoke as a matter of fact.

"Probably your assumptions are correct this time."
He said with confidence in his voice.

"That's what I wanna figure out." I stated eagerly.

"Fine, then let's get straight to the point."
He said anxious enough to answer my questions.

"Who are you?" I asked from the beginning.

"Someone you know, and his presence in your life matters a lot towards you."

"Name?"

He stood quiet for awhile, before answering.

"George." He simply stated.

"How can I believe that it's my George?"

"You know his uniqueness right? Then state me one of it."

"He has a unique tattoo on his neck's left side."

"What does the tattoo look like?"

"It's a guitar mixed up with xylophone and joined with stars all around it."

"Good, Atleast you remember this."

"Then tell me what's his real last name?"

"George Hernandez."

"Correct."

"How are George and you connected?"

"We are best friends since junior High school."

"If you're the George I knew, then how did you turn out to be like this?"
This time, it was my turn to question him.

"It's a long story."

"Don't worry, I have plenty of time up my sleeves.
So, just go ahead."

He sighed before beginning his story.

"In 2012, you disappeared from Amsterdam, without informing me. At first, I thought that you might be caught up in assignments so didn't have much time to talk to me, so I didn't bother to ask you or contact you. But a week passed and still there was no message from you. I thought that something wrong might have happened to you, so I started looking out for you in the whole city, asked each and every person walking on the streets, showed them your picture, printed a missing poster of you. This process nearly took me three weeks and then I thought of one thing, which is to contact you.
I dialled your number about a thousand times but still no response. I was sorta pissed off by now, and thought that you might be angry at me for ignoring you for that 1 week. But I didn't intentionally ignored you, I was pressurized to do so by my other friends.
A few days passed, but still you didn't respond so, I got really worried about you, then I decided to step up my game and search for you in the forest area."

He heaved in a long sigh and murmured something but I heard it.
He said, "Here comes the pretty little lie."

"Lie? What does he mean by that?" I asked myself in my head as I'm totally flummoxed about this."
But then, he continued.