epilogue.

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄. | ❛ Recur. ❜

A SOFT GASP EMITTED FROM JAMIE'S LIPS

A SOFT GASP EMITTED FROM JAMIE'S LIPS. Sunlight penetrated the window and illuminated her glistening face, causing her to squint her eyes as she covered a hand over her face. She flinched once her hand came in contact with a bruise over her left cheek making her pull away, her hand finding themselves resting on a metal table. She hissed at the cold sensation and frowned, a look of confusion etched onto her face. Her mind wandered back to last night; she remembered Steve and she was at his place doing research for his friend, Bucky, but not much after that which made her very puzzled. Her mind was hazy and she didn't have any memories of when she left his place.

     The room was tidy and it was a rather small space as her eyes darted over her surroundings. There was a single window placed at the ceiling, making the sun brighten up the room. She turned her head and noticed a few tools placed on a small table beside her. Shifting her body to the side, she tilted her head closer to the table to take a look at the tools but was stopped by an IV drip hatched onto her left arm.

     Jamie let out a small groan and rested her head on the table. Feeling her left arm throbbing, she held her arm and narrowed her eyes at the needle placed into her flesh. Her heart sank down to her stomach and panic washed over her. Shooting up from the table, her wide eyes darted across the room and she jumped off the table, ignoring the burning pain on her left arm as the drip left her arm.

     Before she could leave the table, the door slammed open and two guards dashed toward her. One of them took her by the neck and threw her on the table. Her head hit the metal table and she yelled out in pain, feeling the guard keeping her down. She grunted and her hands slid towards the table until she felt something sharp she could stab them with. Feeling a sharp edge at the tip of her fingertip she didn't hesitate and stabbed them in the leg, making his grip loosen on her neck, bringing the perfect opportunity to hold him by the neck and snap it.

     Not noticing the other guard behind her, she was held into a headlock. Jamie squirmed under his grip and elbowed him rapidly till his grip loosened. She maneuvered around and walked backward, hitting the wall. He groaned in pain, his hands releasing himself from her. She kicked their groin and punched their stomach making them slam against the wall. Jamie put them in a chokehold. "Who do you work for?" she chided with anger, her eyes turning black.