four.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. | ❛ Ghost Story. ❜

   DISGUISED AS CASUAL CIVILIANS, Steve and Jamie entered the hospital to retrieve the flash drive from the vending machine. Jamie was dressed in a grey oversized hoodie with black jeans, and Steve was dressed in a hoodie with the hood covering his handsome features. Once they neared the food machine, they noticed the device was gone.

Jamie's face lit up, seeing Natasha through the glass. She was standing behind them whilst she chewed on a piece of gum. Steve acknowledged her presence and turned around in anger. He grabbed the Russian by the arm and pushed her into the nearest room.

Jamie's eyes widened in surprise, not expecting him to conduct this type of behavior. She did a double-take, making sure no one was watching. When it was clear she entered the room and locked it before she neared the pair. She frowned at the sight, watching Natasha being pinned against the wall as Steve bombarded her with questions.

"Where did you get it?" Natasha asked, her glare deepening.

"Why would I tell you?" Steve challenged, his glare mirroring the assassin.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?"

"What's on it?" Steve argued, making her scoff under her breath.

"I don't know," she admitted, looking directly into his eyes. He shook his head and pressed her against the wall, his glowering face making Jamie contemplate her existence. "Stop lying!"

"I only act like I know everything, Rogers," Natasha told him. The duo went back and forth from mentioning Fury hiring the pirates to bring up Fury's killer. Jamie only watched them with amusement, their bickering radiating how an old married couple bickers.

"Do you lovebirds need a moment? I can just leave if you want-" she butted into the conversation but was quickly cut off by the both of them. "No!" Jamie put her hands up in surrender before she sauntered towards them.

"I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists, the ones who call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last fifty years." The redhead explained.

"So, he's a ghost story." He voiced out his thoughts, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran, somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff, I pulled us out, but the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me." She shared, pulling up her shirt to show them her scar on the side of her stomach. "Soviet slug, no rifling. Bye-bye bikinis."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now," Steve answered, his rigid face looking at her. A tint of a smile curved on Natasha's lips. "Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried and Jamie has tried too. She knows this." she said, holding up the flash drive. "Like you said, he's a ghost story."