ten.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍. | ❛ Unfinished. ❜

THE HEROINE'S GRIP ON HER FRIEND TIGHTENED, hugging the short brunette in her arms. After the fall of SHIELD, the group remained together one last time to discuss future matters and other relevancy that could possibly matter for the group. Fury, Steve, Sam, and Natasha were at the cemetery at Fury's own grave whilst the trio was not too far away standing beside Elijah's car.

"I wish I could stay longer." Anna's gentle tone made her heart clench as they pulled away.

Jamie gave her a smile. "I know. Me too, but it's safer that way. We destroyed SHIELD, but that doesn't mean we can walk freely yet. We have to know the real reason why H.R.N. was infiltrated and why Doctor Williams is still relevant." she told her, her eyes going to Anna and then Elijah.

The sorcerer's breath shuddered, her scowl deepening. She gave her a nod, giving her one last hug before entering the car. She gave her a smile, "Please, be careful, Milla." she advised before closing the car door, leaving Elijah and Jamie.

Jamie clenched her jaw, turning her head towards the others. A sigh escaped her lips, turning her attention away and towards the scientist that had a thoughtful look on his face. "I really thought retiring would be the best option, but I would be lying to myself," she admitted, sauntering forward.

Elijah chuckled. "Trust me, we've all had the same thought," he reassured, adjusting his glasses and folding his arms in front of his chest.

"It's just...whenever I put this part of myself away, it's still there. The void is there, reminding me of the life that I had, of all the things I've done." she shared, her lips forming into a thin line.

Jamie sighed, biting her lip and touring her eyes away from the scientist towards the others once again, her gaze lingering longer on Steve. Her expression softened. "I guess I'm stupid enough of wanting to have a normal life, but none of our lives are normal, Elijah."

"Don't say that, Jamilla," Elijah interjected, inching closer to grab both of her shoulders. He gave her a firm look. "Your past has brought you to so many places, including today. You shouldn't have a negative outlook on how you've become. Whether you like it or not, your past has shaped you into who you are, and you should own it. Don't forget where you came from." he assured her, giving her shoulders a light squeeze.

Jamie shakily exhaled, feeling her chest swell. A heavy feeling settled inside her stomach as she looked at the man she considered family. "I don't blame you for wanting to live a normal life, but it's never late to start again. You can always begin again." he reminded, giving her a small smile.

Natasha turned her eyes on Steve, strolling beside the man as she held the folder in her hands. "You should be honored, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you," she told him, giving him a smirk.

Steve frowned. "Not going with him?"

"No." the redhead replied, shaking her head.

"Not staying here?" he questioned.

Natasha sighed, giving him a tip-lipped smile. "I blew all my covers, I gotta go figure out a new one," she admitted, handing him the folder.

"That might take a while," Steve told her, grabbing the file.

"I'm counting on it. Here's that thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev," she said, putting her hands inside her pockets.

Natasha watched his face turning into a gloomy look as his eyes took in the folder. She inched closer, "Will you do me a favor? You should tell her." she hinted, referring to the woman a few feet away from them.

Steve's lips turned upwards, a small smile resting on his face. He followed her gaze, watching Jamie nearing the trio. "I don't know, Natasha," he responded with a sigh, his eyes tinted with warmth and adoration towards the ex-soldier.

The redhead chuckled. "Trust me, Rogers. She feels the same way," she added, kissing Steve on the cheek before she turned to walk in the opposite direction Jamie was heading. She saw the Heroine and waved at her, giving her a wink.

As Natasha left the scene, Jamie sauntered towards Steve, noticing the file he was holding. She caught a glimpse, her lips curving up unknowingly as she studied the material. Sam joined her, standing beside him. "You're going after him?"

Steve closed the file, looking at Sam and then Jamie. "You don't have to come with me."

Jamie and Sam shared a look before they looked back at Steve with a smirk. "We know. When do we start?" Jamie challenged, her eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

And that's the final!!! Thank you once again to those who've reached this far and has been patient. It's been a great journey writing for my girl Jamie and providing you with Marvel content. So far, we've finished off two books 🤍🥹

But we're not done yet! On the next chapter I will give you a little sneak peek of what's going to happen further on the series. I love you all so much and thank you for using your precious time to read.

 I love you all so much and thank you for using your precious time to read