six.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗. | ❛ Black Out Days. ❜

"T-THOMAS" JAMIE CROAKED OUT, letting her knees hit the hard ground. Her glistening eyes trailed over his form and she placed her trembling hands on his face, gently brushing off dirt from his delicate features. She sniffled, her eyebrows knitted with discomfort as she cupped his face.

The Heroine choked on her sobs with a shake of her head, "Honey, we made it. You did it, baby." she whispered, feeling her eyes sting. She let out a small whimper as she brought his face closer to her lap. "Open your eyes, Tom." she pleaded, her voice slightly shaking.

Jamie's frown deepened and she shook her head. Tears slowly traced down her rosy cheeks. She let out a laugh before it turned into a soft cry. She stroked his hair, "Wake up, baby. Open your eyes." Jamie pleaded, her eyes frantically gazing down at the golden boy in her arms.

A tightening of her throat and a short intake of breath made her clench her jaw. Jamie saw his lifeless body in her arms and choked on her sobs.  "C'mon, Tom. Wake up. Please." she cried, feeling her chest swell.

"It should've been me." She sobbed, her shoulders vigorously shaking. Gut-wrenching cries tore through her chest echoing around the ambiance. She brought his head closer to her chest, protectively wrapping him around for warmth and closure but she couldn't feel anything. All she had at that moment was a nightmare.

Jamie opened her eyes with a vacant look, staring at the ceiling. She let out a sigh, rubbing her face with her bruised hand. The burden in her heart became heavier at the memory, writhing and squeezing her chest tightly making her throat close up. She swallowed the lump in her throat and sat on the bed.

She let her eyes slide over the room, taking in the unknown ambiance. She let out a frown, her mind wandering the previous day. After the incident, the ex-soldier was passed out but she did hear a faint name emitting from Steve's lips as she was carried in his arms looking for a place to hide.

Jamie groaned, feeling a burst of pain in the back of her skull. She let her eyes dart over the room again before her eyes landed on her bag, noticing it was laying down on the floor beside her. A look of relief etched onto her face and she grabbed it, picking up her vials.

Her hands grabbed the small glass bottles, clutching them tightly before putting them into her pockets. Putting her bag on the bed, she let her feet hit the cold wooden floor and her toes flinched at the cold.

As she was about to stand, she flinched. She held her side, clenching her jaw whilst she pressed her hand against the wound. "Take it easy, Jamie." she heard Steve's voice, making her turn her head towards him.

Jamie's forehead wrinkled and awkwardly shifted her body to the side. She met his worried gaze, his eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed like two swords. Her eyes trailed over his physique before she averted her gaze away towards the floor in front of her. "Is Nat alright?"