five.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑. | ❛ Divulge. ❜

THE TRIO WAS CURRENTLY DRIVING TO NEW JERSEY, with Steve and Natasha sitting at the front and Jamie sitting in the passenger seat. Jamie was roaming through her bag, trying to find one of her potions. She could already hear Elijah and Anna's scoldings in her mind, and she felt guilty for making them worry. The gash on her side was still healing and she grew more impatient every day. She still hasn't found any clue of why her body was reacting this way.

"Where did Captain America learn how to steal a car?" Natasha broke the silence, earning Jamie's attention as she was pulled away from her thoughts.

Steve glanced at her. "Nazi Germany," he replied.

Natasha hummed in deep thought, placing her feet on the dash. Steve rolled his eyes, "And we're borrowing. Take your feet off the dash."

The redhead turned her head towards him, her face forming into a small smirk. She took her feet off the dash. "Alright, I have a question for you, oh, which you do not have to answer. I feel like if you don't answer it though, you're kind of answering it, you know?"

"What?"

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Natasha asked with curiosity, giving him a look before she moved her head towards the brunette, who looked back at the redhead with a warning look.

"Nat," Jamie interjected, putting her bag to the side. Natasha gave her a wink. She looked at her bag for a second before she turned her attention to Steve.

Steve let out a small chuckle, "That bad, huh?" he said, his eyes looking at the woman in the back seat through the rearview mirror.

"I wouldn't say that." the ex-soldier said, giving a look Steve couldn't quite grasp.

Steve's lip curved up, feeling the heat rise upon his cheeks. He knew Natasha was staring, and he could feel her intense look. He took a quick glance at the redhead before moving his attention in front of him.

Natasha chuckled, turning in her seat so that she was facing Jamie. "You see that? It means that you were his first kiss since 1945." she joked, her smile causing the brunette to chuckle.

Natasha turned in her seat again and Jamie was glad that she couldn't see her slightly rosy cheeks. She shook her head and turned her attention back to her bag, trying to find her vials.

Steve let out a scoff, giving the girls an annoyed look. "It was not my first kiss since 1945. I'm ninety-five, I'm not dead." he clarified, his hands tightening around the steering wheel.

"Nobody special, though?" Natasha asked him.

Steve let out a sigh. "Believe it or not, it's kind of hard to find someone with shared life experience," he admitted, his eyes looking at the rearview mirror, showing Jamie's thoughtful look.