three.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. | ❛ Dangerous Liaisons. ❜

JAMIE STARED AT THE NUMEROUS OF FILES THAT WAS SPRAWLED ACROSS THE TABLE, her eyes scanning down the material to look for any crucial piece she may have missed. She was currently at Elijah's place to discuss the situation that's been happening in SHIELD and the unexpected death of Fury. Anna was there too, and the pair was worried that the sorceress was taken, but their shoulders dropped in relief watching her enter the room with a box of documents with a giddy smile on her face.

"I don't get it," Jamie grumbled in annoyance, feeling a headache forming. Her eyes averted away from the endless papers surrounding the desk towards Anna, who had her face hidden in a book. She watched how her nose scrunched in confusion and her eyes narrowed as she tried to read the material. She almost laughed at the sight.

Anna let out a sigh and threw the book on the table before her body landed on the couch, "Me and you both, honey." she agreed, covering her face with her hands feeling exhaustion hit her.

Jamie rested a finger on her lips, looking down once again. Her eyes darted on the papers before her gaze suddenly landed on a file that caught her interest. A frown etched on her face as she picked it up, studying the front with curious eyes. A heavy feeling settled into her stomach at the title. H.R.N. was inked with large letters, covering the whole binder.

Her mind wandered as her eyes were looking at the file that held so many painful memories. She furrowed her eyebrows. Why does SHIELD have this file? Are they involved? Is H.R.N still existing? So many questions ran through her head. Her stomach churned, along with a thumping heart that was pounding loudly against her chest. She released a shaky exhale before she turned her eyes away towards the window, feeling sunlight illuminate her face through the glass.

"Did you guys find anything?" Elijah asked, entering the room with a tray of drinks in his hands and also pulling Jamie away from her corrupted thoughts. She turned her head to the scientist, her lips curving up unknowingly.

Anna had her eyes closed, her legs sprawled on the couch. She let out a yelp of surprise at Elijah pulling her legs at the side before taking a seat beside her. She gave him a glare and shifted her body so that she was sitting instead. Elijah chuckled, shaking his head in amusement before he turned his gaze to the ex-soldier that was staring into empty space.

"You alright, sweetheart?" He asked, his eyes clouding with a tint of concern. He studied her for a moment, noticing her stiff posture and the tight grip on a file. Anna, who was picking at the hem of her sweater, looked at Elijah with confusion and curiously followed his gaze.

Jamie clenched her jaw, snapping out of her daze. She blinked a few times before she locked eyes with the two, their worry-filled gaze making her want to curl into a ball and disapear. She gave them a conflicted look before she sauntered towards them with the folder tightly clasped into her hands before she throws it at the table.