two.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎. | ❛ Menaces. ❜

THE DUO ENTERED THE SHIELD FACILITY, with Steve and Jamie's shield and swords illuminating from the lights above them as they walked forward in sync, all glory and heroic with their notable attires. Before they were asked to come, Jamie got a call from Anna, who with full uncertainty explained that Fury's death was most likely to be involved and that she was also asked to join the meeting.

   As they reached the large hall of SHIELD, the pair noticed Alexander Pierce who busied himself with Agent 13, also known as Sharon Carter. The hushed tone and whispering made the former soldier frown, not liking where it was leading. Nonetheless, she held her head high, politely greeting a few agents along their way before they neared them.

   Sharon nodded one last time, turning her heel to leave and ending up seeing the duo walking towards her. She gave Steve a curt nod, averting her eyes away from his hard stare towards Jamie who gave her a warm smile, kindly nodding in greeting. "Captain Rogers."

   "Neighbor." He greeted, his eyes staring straight ahead with a blank expression.

   "Agent Barzinji." Sharon gave her a smile, which was returned with the same energy.

   Pierce stood at the doorway, his narrowed eyes gazing down at the pair as they neared the prominent agent. He gripped on his coffee mug tightly before bringing his hand out, "Oh, Captain, Barzinji. I'm Alexander Pierce." he introduced himself, shaking his hand with Steve first before turning to the female with a look she couldn't quite grasp yet, all she knew was that she didn't like her gut feeling.

   "Sir, it's an honor," Steve said, making Jamie nod her head respectfully. She glanced at her side, noticing Anna speed walking towards them and she stifled a laugh. The sorceress kept fumbling with the hem of her jacket, mumbling incoherent words. Typical Anna.

   Pierce's smile widened, taking in Anna Miller's presence. "Ah, Miss Miller, I wondered when you were gonna show up," he said, making Anna's cheeks paint a crimson red. She let out a flustered giggle, standing next to her longtime friend.

   "I apologize, sir. It's very nice to meet you. It's an honor." she said in a polite manner, giving him a soft smile before quickly turning her head to Steve, giving him a small wave in which he returned with a smile.

   "The honor is mine. My father served in the 101st. Come on in." Pierced answered, gesturing with his hand as the trio entered his office. Anna quickly trailed behind them, walking beside Jamie and squeezing her arm. She gave her a sweet smile before turning her attention to Pierce who showed an old photo of Fury with him.

   "That photo was taken five years after Nick and I met. When I was at State Department in Bogota." The agent started on his story while he roamed over his files. "ELN rebels took the embassy, and security got me out, but the rebels took hostages. Nick was deputy chief for the SHIELD station there. And he comes to me with a plan." He continued the story by talking about how Fury saved millions of police officers, including his daughter.