eight

i'm already sleepy when i wrote this, sorry if there are any errors!!

hyunjin looked at him with an unreadable expression. he doesn't understand why jeongin is worried about leaving akira with him when he's her father after all.

he unintentionally backed away from the younger, unable to hide the shock and hurt in his face after realization dawned into his senses.

"you think my own daughter is not safe with me?" his voice wavered and slowly became quiet, not believing how jeongin thought so lowly of him.

he immediately tried to grab his hands but the blonde swat his fingers away, staring at him with a disgusted look.

"hyunjin that's not what i meant," the boy tried to crawl towards him but he strictly held a hand out to stop him from coming any closer.

he slowly stood up from the bed while looking directly at his husband who was close to breaking down again.

"then why do you feel the need to take her away from me?"

"if you just sit down and let me talk-"

"am i a monster to you?" jeongin could feel his heart drop when he heard the words that rang to his ears. the way his voice cracked when he said it, hyunjin seemed so fragile.

"jinnie..." when he couldn't answer right away, the blonde stared at him with a pained expression, shocked to see how he couldn't even reply right away.

hyunjin nodded. it seemed as if he already got the answer. the silence was so loud, it told him the truth.

"so why'd you marry me?" he whispered and attempted to walk out but then he heard jeongin jump out of bed. suddenly he felt warm hands wrap around his thighs.

when he turned around he saw the younger kneeling on the rug, desperately clinging onto him with a red, tear stained face.

"stop walking out on me please. i want to talk, not argue. i've already had enough jinnie."

"get up. i need to go back to akira." he attempted to walk and unclasp his fingers but it just tightened around his legs.

"is this how it's always gonna be? you running away from me, from our problems? hyunjin i need the trust you promis-"

this time, the older couldn't help but burst.

" 'trust' ? what hypocrisy is this jeongin? " he let out an emotionless chuckle. "you were the one who couldn't trust his own husband with their daughter."

the younger looked back at him with pure disbelief. he stood up and wobbly as he is, walked towards the bed to sit as his body was slowly giving up on him.

hyunjin noticed how his fist was massaging his chest. this was his first time seeing him do that and it was troubling him.

"you're violent when you're drunk. it's not that i don't trust you jinnie, because i do. i'm just scared because you don't control yourself too well when you're under the influence."

he could tell jeongin wanted to shout at him, but instead here he is speaking softly as if he doesn't want something to hurt more.

"that's why i'm asking you to stop drinking. is that too much to ask for?" he saw him wince for a bit then he bowed his face down to hide the fact that he's contorting in pain.

hyunjin walked towards him and kneeled in between his legs. with a finger on his chin he slowly lift his face up, admiring how he looked from this close.

jeongin looked so beautiful. even with his dark circles, sunken eyes, pale skin and messy ruffled hair.
he still is perfect.

and just as they thought he was finally getting better from anorexia, here he is getting worst and worst each day he spends with hyunjin.

with his husband who had swore to protect and care for him.

"it's not easy," he inhaled sharply, caressing the younger's cheek who stared at him with a gaze so strong with love. "but for you i'm doing it. for you and akira."

he saw him sigh visibly in relief and his once dull eyes sparkled for a brief moment, a grin decorating his milky skin.

"really?" his lips quivered and immediately, he engulfed hyunjin in his arms. he shut his eyes as tears continuously streamed down his cheeks.

his husband was rubbing his back soothingly while he snuggled deep into his neck.

"but.."

"but what?"

"innie, i'm gonna have to take you to the doctor."

his smile fell.