nineteen

hyunjin's pov

i was getting weird stares and glares as i was once again running. my shoes were skidding against the tiles when i made a halt to the front desk.

"yang jeongin's room, please." i was out of breath and drenched in sweat. my fingers were anxiously tapping against the counters as the nurse came searching right away.

"what are your relations with the patien-"

"fucking hell, i'm his husband please just give me the room number!" i banged my fists down making her eyes widened slightly. once again, i was attracting unwanted attention.

i stared back at the people. "what do you want!?" i bursted making them look away instantly.

the nurse finally looked up from her desktop. "room 248 sir, just the floor above this."

"thank you," i mumbled while giving her an apologetic stare as i never meant to burst out to her like that. today is just very hectic, when will i ever get to rest?

i skipped stairs even though i could feel my thighs ache. only a few more steps and i will be with him.

245 246 247 ... 248

with sweat dripping on my forehead and a racing heart, i finally halted just in front of the door. i was panting but just as i was about to open the knob, i suddenly heard screaming from inside.

more specifically, jeongin's.

i pressed my head against the door and this was when i hear another voice talking. my heart started beating faster as i know very well who that voice belongs to.

as silent as i can manage, i turn the knob still frozen in my spot because i'm afraid that i may saw something i wouldn't want to.

soon as my eyes fall on the sight in front of me, i wish i never really did open it.

sat on the bed was my husband.

in the arms of another man.

i stepped back and covered my mouth with my free hand, instantly letting go of the knob. i choked on my saliva and if breathing for me was hard earlier, it definitely became more difficult now.

"i'm here aren't i?" i heard him say.

the tone, i knew it was familiar.

"jeongin...?" i hated how helpless my voice sounded but i can't even try to act all strong now. my fists were tightly balled and i had wanted nothing more but to strangle that bastard.

how dare he touch what's mine.

from being buried into his chest, my younger looked up revealing his bandaged cover face which was red from all the tears and snot. did chan made him cry?

then following his gaze, the brunette's eye connected with mine and it pleased me how he looked visibly frightened.

"hyunjin." jeongin whimpered to me in a small tone that made me shatter inside. no words could describe how exasperated i am and so wasting no time i walked towards the bed and hastily scooped my husband away from chan.

one hand was tucked beneath his bare thighs while the other was wrapped protectively around his small waist. i could feel the cold skin of his back as it was fully exposed with how the hospital gown covered only little parts of him.

"i'm here, i'll protect you. did he hurt you?" i asked him in a soft stone while locking my eyes with his. the way he stared back remained weak, as if he struggles with keeping them open.

frail as he is, his hand slowly came in contact with my face wherein he caressed them with his freezing grasp. jeongin sniffled and thick drops of tears started to stream down his face once more.

i couldn't even bare to look at him in his current state. it was too painful, it was breaking me.

as gentle as i can manage i laid him back in bed making him moan in pain. i didn't know what was hurting but i placed a kiss on his forehead though he tilted his face away.

returning my attention back to the asshole, i walked towards him and immediately pushed him against the wall.

"what did you do to him?" with my hand on his collar i had him pinned, while my fist was just about to hit though, jeongin cried from behind.

"stop it!" he choked out with a scratchy voice. instantly i let go of chan who could only stare back with a glare. my eyes fell on what he was wearing and i stopped when i saw his name plate.

dr. seung chan .

seung..?

i pushed him back. "you were at my office earlier?"

slowly the pieces are starting to fall together. i wasn't purely imagining things when i felt someone was watching me and hyebin. it was chan all along.

i walked towards jeongin.

"yes hyunjin he was. and you still have the audacity to ask who hurt me? jinnie it's you! it's been you all along."

"baby i-i don't understand.." i tried to grab him by the waist but he pushed me away with the little energy he had.

"i'm in here because of you." he sniffled, wiping away the tears with his wrists. "i've been trying to reach you because i wanted to make things right though you were the one who messed up."

"i had my phone turned off jeongin i had no idea-"

"bullshit! fuck you and your excuses." he shouted while his fist started to massage his chest as if it was hurting. "i was in a car crash, hell, i was bleeding jinnie and yet the first thing that i had in mind to do was to call you. i didn't care if i was okay, i just wanted to come to you"

the way he couldn't even talk properly anymore from the struggle of breathing made my eyes sting with tears. i felt heavy. heavy with regrets, guilt and pain to think that i let him go through this.

"while you were busy enjoying yourself with that woman in your office?" he looked straight into my eyes. "i almost died trying to get to you." his voice cracked.

thoughts !???