twelve

thanks for 1k loves <3

"minho? where is he?"

"inside his office. i'm sorry if i startled you, i didn't know who to call"

"no, thank you for letting me know immediately." he gave him a side hug before going to his husband.

jeongin felt his heartbeat beating rapidly as he came as quickly as he can. hyunjin wasn't picking up any of his calls and that was enough to worry him. minho noticed how he was limping on the way to the office but he just brushed it off.

he didn't bother to knock and he bursted inside suddenly.

"jeongin?" hyunjin looked up from zoning out at the windows and he immediately got up from his chair to engulf the small one in a tight embrace. he bury his face into his chest as he inhaled his comforting scent.

"what happened? the whole building is empty and i saw your father being hoisted in an ambulance." he assisted him to sit at the couch while he continuously rubbed his back.

"we couldn't risk the public seeing him in that state and so hyung declared today as an off for all employees." he was shaking, knees bouncing up and down while both his hands couldn't be kept still. the younger looked at him with a concerned expression.

"jinnie..what did you do?" he asked in a quiet tone. hyunjin avoided his gaze and this is where he felt his fingers caressing his face and turning it to his direction.

"he talked bad about my mother. i'm not just gonna stand there and let him disrespect her like that, jeongin."

"it's okay. you did the right thing."

wordlessly, he pulled the tensed boy into his arms and for awhile they stayed in that position. the older wanted to stay sober, but in this exact moment, he could feel his thoughts swarming around the need to have a glass in his hand right now.

the thirst he could feel from missing the burning liquid running down his throat and easing his mind off of things easily, there was a lot that alcohol helped him with.

"let's just go home okay? akira must've been wondering where we are right now." he snapped back when he heard jeongin speak.

right, my husband and my daughter. i'm doing it for them

get it together hyunjin.

"you go home first baby. i'm just gonna work on a few more papers. besides, akira must've been dying to see you right now." he cleared his throat to hide how shaky he sounded. the younger looked at him but didn't suspect much out of it.

"are you sure? i mean look at you right now, you need to rest hyunjin. you don't have to overwork yourself." slowly but surely, the blonde was getting filled with guilt. specially when his eyes locked with jeongin's clueless ones.

"i'm fine innie. just a few paperworks and i'm home before 10. i need to uh finish this." he scratched the back of his neck and quickly stood up from the leather couch.

"okay then. call me if you need me to pick you up alright?"

"you don't have to do that. why would you need to pick me up, i'm not going to drink."

"hyunjin, i didn't say you were going to." the younger raised a brow at how agitated and nervous he seemed but brushed it off anyway.

"i'm sorry babe. it's just that i'm a bit stressed right now with everything that's going on." he locked his arm around his waist and pulled him closer. hyunjin then placed a soft kiss on top of his forehead before pulling away.

"don't do anything that's gonna make me worry. alright?" jeongin caressed his cheeks before leaving. as soon as the door had shut behind him, the older fell back onto his chair with shaky hands.

"i'm relapsing and i haven't even started yet.."

"hows school so far? are the kids bullying you?" jeongin was inside their daughter's room as he just dropped off dinner since she was too caught up in her school works to go down and eat.

"dad i'm not a child anymore, that no longer happens these days." she chuckled busily typing away on her desktop, slouched.

he lightly slapped her shoulders "sit up straight, i told you to always fix your posture. and before i go, don't forget to eat alright?"

"mhm, thanks dad." she smiled with eyes still fixed on the screen. jeongin was about to leave but then from the table beside him, her phone lit up with a notification.

he took it and smiled when he saw the lockscreen wallpaper of his daughter with her friend. 

"is she your best friend, akira?"

"what? who- dad! what are you doing with my phone?" she seemed so panicked as she hastily took it away from his grasp. meanwhile jeongin looked at him with a soft chuckle.

"why? are you hiding something from us?" he teased.

"no, of course not." then she looked at her phone again. "she's my .. best friend, yes." she looked hesitant and he could tell how red her cheeks are starting to get.

she's lying.

"that's great, hun. maybe you could invite her over for dinner some time?"

"dad!"

"okay okay, i'm leaving." he was chuckling as he shut the door behind him. jeongin could already tell why she was so panicked and nervous but he's not gonna say anything unless she confirmed it directly.

fixing his waistband, he continued to go down and prepare a plate for hyunjin who hasn't called yet even though he said he'd be here before 10. it was already 11:28 and he was getting worried.

his slippers were hitting the carpeted floor as he jogged down and just as he was at the middle of the stairwell, the double doors were opened lightly by the tall blonde who he's been expecting since earlier.

there eyes locked with each other for awhile before hyunjin avoided his gaze. this made jeongin raise a brow.

he jogged down the final steps and ran straight for him with a huge grin nonetheless, but just as he was about to come closer, the older held out a hand that prevents him from doing so.

"i'm dirty innie, let me take a shower first." he mumbled so quietly that he couldn't quite comprehend what he was saying.

"oh shush it, when did i mind? come here-"

"i said no."

jeongin's smile fell when he raised his voice at him. he slowly backed away from hyunjin, head hung low.

"i'm sorry, i'll just go fix you a plate then." as he passed by the older to get to the kitchen, he immediately caught a familiar scent that made him stop in his tracks.

hyunjin was about to go up but he firmly held on his wrist.

"you've been drinking again, haven't you."