ten

i know i said im gonna be ia for awhile... well i can't do that lmao i want to update since its been so long since i did
:(( also, sorry if there are any errors, i finished writing this at 1 am 😩

the sun was slowly starting to light up the pitch dark room but it remained ice cold. hyunjin was awake the whole night and he stayed beside the younger, watching him sleep peacefully while pillowed on his arm.

he had work in just half an hour and although he didn't want to leave jeongin, he had no choice as today, an important meeting is scheduled.

hyunjin couldn't feel his arm anymore but he didn't feel like moving as he was sure it would wake the younger. from how deep he was sleeping, it looked like this was his first time getting a proper rest in a while.

"look at you, you're so restless." he whispered as he brushed his soft strands back, propping his elbows to take a closer look at his husband. "you look after me so well, but when it comes to yourself..."

hyunjin heaved a sigh and gently took the boy's hand in his. his eyes brows unmistakably raised as he was startled how cold his skin felt. it was unusual, far different from the warm and comforting grasp he once knew.

everything about jeongin feels awefully peculiar nowadays and he didn't even need to think twice that it's all because of him.

"the way you looked at me, the way your skin feels wrong every time it brushes against mine.. you're so distant, innie." he could sense goosebumps rising on his neck as he continued to stare at the younger.

"we're growing distant."

then jeongin suddenly moved his body towards his direction and a small series of whimpers escaped from him. the younger, still deep in his slumber, started to snuggle into the warmth he found in hyunjin's side.

the blonde pursed his lips as he admired the sight unfolding in front of him. his whimpers then turned into small sentences. hyunjin leaned in to hear what he was saying as his voice was too faint.

"jinnie" his nose start to scrunch then his hand flew away from the older's grasp as it smoothed over his side of the bed.

jeongin was searching for him.

"jinnie," he slightly startled hyunjin when he suddenly flipped over to the other side, his action a bit violent. he looked overly distressed, it was as if he was caught in the depths of a nightmare.

softly the older tried shaking his shoulders in an attempt to wake him up as he was getting nervous. this was his first time witnessing jeongin go through nightmares ever since they got married and he had no idea what to do.

"jeongin wake up," with his other hand he brushed back his hair as thin strands were falling in front his face, faintly tickling him.

nothing was working that even calling out his name was useless. he attempted to get out of bed to bring him a glass of water in case he woke up, but then the younger suddenly started crying.

his expression was contorted as tears freely race down his damp cheeks and his chapped mouth was set into a deep frown. the whimpers came back  and it sounded as if he was struggling to breathe.

hyunjin grabbed his hands and gave them a firm squeeze, eyes set wide as he was full on panicking.

"innie wake up please,"

the small sounds he was making then grew aggressive and he was now sobbing in a deafening matter.

"hyunjin!-"