Chapter 20

[A few days later]

9am. On a cloudy day, I was at the cemetery, attending Izumi's funeral along with Tatenashi, Kanzashi, Charlotte, Rin, Cecilia, Laura, Ichika, and Houki.

The funeral of my sister, Izumi, was held today, on a cloudy day that didn't seem unfitting of her when she was alive. I could feel my heart and body tremble as I look at her photo, I somehow managed to stand firm. Her smile in that photo, even now, I could almost hear her laughter, just as when she was still alive.

When the funeral was over, everyone started to leave except me.

Tatenashi, Kanzashi, Charlotte, Rin, Cecilia, Laura, Ichika, and Houki. They're still here, waiting.

Bringing my hands together, I covered my face with my both hands.

Y/n=That time, if only I had come sooner to save her, she probably wouldn't have died... It's my fault.

I said to myself.

Tatenashi=Her death is not your fault, Y/n-

Y/n=Yes it is!

I knelt down. Having finally been overwhelmed by emotion, I started to cry.

Y/n=...I should have protected her..!

Kanzashi=Y/n-san....

Y/n=Ghh, Izumi! I'm sorry!

I cried. And cried, and cried. At the same time the sky started to get more and more cloudy and eventually it started to rain.

[A week later]

I'm in my room right now, lying on the bed while covering my whole body with the blanket. After the funeral, I spent most of my time in my room. As a matter of fact, I stayed in my room the whole time. I also haven't attended class since a week ago

Since the only person who would've forced me to attend class had already left this world, and it wasn't as if either the teacher had the right or the obligation to request my presence, so I was allowed to stand by my own decision.

*CREAK*

I heard someone was opening my door. I looked at the direction of the door to see who entered my room and it was Tatenashi. She walked towards me carrying food and water.

She put the food and water that she brought on my desk and then she sat beside me.

Tatenashi=Y/n~ look what I brought for you,? I made some foods for you.

Y/n=... I'm fine.

Tatenashi=Hm, do you want to eat if I feed you?

Y/n=... What? No. I'm fine, really.

Tatenashi=Geez. Y/n, you didn't eat for the past few days. If you continue like this you will get sick, you know?

Y/n=I don't care. Why do you care anyway?

Tatenashi=Because I'm worried about you.

Y/n=.....

Tatenashi=Y/n, I know you are upset about your sister but you can't stay like this forever. And I can't keep seeing you being sad and gloomy all the time. Your sister will also not want to see you continue to be sad like this.

Y/n=Then... what should I do?

Tatenashi=First you have to eat.

Y/n=... Okay.

Tatenashi then took a piece of fried fish with chopsticks and then she pointed it at my mouth.

Tatenashi=Alright, Y/n. Say "Ah"!