Chapter 11

"Told you I'd make a movie someday, huh, (Y/N)?"

"Oh my God..."

It was with glossed over eyes and a splintered heart that you were watching a pre-recorded tape of your favourite horror geek, Randy Meeks.

Karen, Randy's sister, had ushered you and Gale inside. A young and scrawny goth girl wearing heavy make up and had contacted Gale, saying that she had something urgent to show you in particular.

And now that you were seeing Randy's face on the screen of the TV, your heart was aching so much you couldn't even bring it under words. It was unlike anything you'd ever felt before.

Randy was the person least deserving to die. He was so innocent and an amazing soul through and through, and it made you livid that he died in such a useless and cruel way.

What fucking point had there been in killing him? It was something you'd forever loathe Hallie and Derek for. You'd kill them yourself for it if given the chance.

You did no effort in trying to wipe the hot tears slipping down your red cheeks, and the sweet gesture of Gale holding your hand didn't help.

She, too, looked uncharacteristically distraught and was completely silent.

"Well, if you're watching this tape, it means as I feared, I did not survive these killings here at Windsor College. Anyway, the reason I am here is to help you, (Y/N), so that my death will not be in vain."

Oh, Randy... Fucking hell.

Each word he spoke felt like another dagger to the chest, you missed him so much. There was just something so beyond disturbing to listen to a recording of a dead friend.

And what made it so much worse was that he had already seen his own death coming.

You balled your hands at your sides to try to hide their shaking, holding your breath as if making a sound would distract Randy from talking.

"–That my life's work will help save some other poor soul from getting mutilated. If this killer does come back, and he's for real, there are a few things you gotta remember.

Is this simply another sequel? Well, if it is, same rules apply. But here's the critical thing. If you find yourself dealing with an unexpected backstory, then the sequel rules do not apply.

Because you are not dealing with a sequel, you are dealing with the concluding chapter of a trilogy."

For some reason, that last sentence sent shivers down your spine. You repeated in a broken voice, "A trilogy?"

Of course, you had heard of trilogies before. You had been a movie nerd yourself in the past but just weren't as invested as Randy had been.

You ignored the urge to just run out of the room but your (E/C) puddles were glued to the screen, no matter how much you wanted to look away.

His next words felt like they were being totally drowned out by your pulse in your ears and you quietly gasped as the boy directly responded to your question.

"That's right. You know what they are (Y/N), but I'll explain it anyway. It's a rarity in the horror field but it does exist, and it's a force to be reckoned with. Because true trilogies are all about going back to the beginning and discovering something that wasn't true from the get go."