Chapter 15

"You've been very quiet," Gale's voice grabbed your attention and you turned to look over at her from where you were sitting; seeing her usual stoic face watching you from over the cup of hot coffee in her hands.

You didn't think you understood the question correctly, your mind in too much of a frenzy at the fact she was sitting just few feet away from the murderous psychopaths who were hiding in the goddamn bathroom.

"Uhm.. Sorry. Just got lost in my head for a bit," you apologized, rubbing your hands against your face before smoothing them through your hair.

What an understatement that was.

"Anything you wanna talk about?" Gale offered, sending you a smile and it still struck you how friendly she could be when she wanted to.

Knowing that Stu and Billy were listening in to every word being spoken made the situation so nerve wracking it almost had your head spinning.

It's not like you could just say 'Hey Gale, maybe you should leave because I have two serial killers hiding in my bathroom'.

You thought for a moment and decided to return the question, picking at your nails with your hands resting in your lap. "I should be asking you that. No offense, but you don't uh... I don't think you'd come here without reason."

"I can't say I blame you," she sighed and put the cup down.

Aaand there it was. A look crossed her face that yelled 'I'm here for something and not just to check up on you'.

How very typical Gale Weathers.

"Well you're right. I came to tell you something–"

A sound coming from inside the bathroom cut her off and it felt like you had your legs kicked from underneath you.

Fucking Stuart. It just had to be him.

Gale was many things, but stupid wasn't one of them. Miraculously, she paid more attention to your nervous trembling. "Maybe I should let you rest. We can talk this over another time?"

Who are you and what have you done to Gale Weathers?

You nibbled on your lip, nodding and trying to keep yourself from rushing out your next words. "Yeah. Sounds like a plan."

After finishing her drink, you let Gale outside and as soon as the door clicked into place, the other one opened.

You whipped around on your heels, pointing an accusing finger at Stu as you raised your voice at him. "You! Do you know how close that was?!"

He threw his hands up defensively and pouted. "Woah there, why are you assuming I did that and not Billy?"

"Because everyone knows you're the idiot between the two of us," Billy remarked dryly with that hormone inducing voice of his.

Your lips tugged up in a stupid smile as you took a coaxing breath, both of them watching you like hawks as you sauntered over to the bed and laid down on your back.

You just had so many things on your mind to work through, you didn't know where to start. Honestly, your brain was just tired and all you wanted to do was rest.

It was a large bed and you lacked the strength to protest as Stu came laying down on your left, tugging you close with your back pressed against his soft chest and his elbow propped up behind your head, while Billy came down to your right with his hands on his nape and his legs on display.

Billy slightly turned his head to stare at you, analyzing your every move with unsubtle desire, but didn't act on it for some reason.

You felt somewhat uncomfortable with those mesmerizing eyes judging you, but Stu was doing a terrific job at making you feel at ease.