Chapter 19

It was as if your vocal chords had completely stopped functioning, your mouth feeling completely dried up.

Here you were, experiencing your worst nightmare again at the hands of people you had considered to be your best friends in high school.

Billy stepped forward, making you instinctively want to take a step back, but Stu was there blocking your path of escape.

"Do you remember what I said 'bout our little game?" He pressed, wiping the blood between his fingers as if he'd just done something as mundane as closing a book.

To catch your eyes, Billy brought his covered hand up to nudge your face upwards.

You held your breath, nodding your head as your whole body was close to trembling just from the crushing tension that was making the large room feel like the walls were closing in to crush you together.

The artificial and raspy hum coming from the mask made you want to shrink back, the velvet tone to his voice contradicting to the rough rasp of it. "That's good. But there's still something you've forgotten."

His leather finger drifted to trace down your throat, his commanding presence feeling like it filled the room and constricted you.

The mask inched closer to your face and suddenly it was like you were back in control of your own body again.

It was almost as if you could hear the atmosphere in the room crack as a sudden rush coursed through your veins.

Your knee hit the killer in the groin hard enough to make him stagger backwards and curse out a slinger of profanities.

It was enough to have Stu ease his grip on you for a split second, and that was all the time you needed.

You whirled around and gave him the same treatment before pulling him forward with all your strength to shove him right into Billy, sending them tumbling over each other and on to the floor.

And then you took off, your breath accelerating in tune with your hammering pulse.

While it was true that you considered Roman somewhat of a friend, he wasn't enough of an incentive to keep you here.

You made a crucial mistake by barreling for the front door that was now locked. Movement from behind made you spin around so fast you got whiplash.

Sidestepping, you only barely avoided the blade of a knife that lodged into the wood of the door instead of your skull.

Without a second's hesitation, the killer's arm launched forward and several fingers grabbed ahold of your hair, twisting your locks around his fist in a tight grip before pulling you backwards.

The harshness of it and the sting in your scalp from the rough grip made a pained whine slip out of your already burning throat.

Your heart squeezed at the idea that the boys were now willing to hurt you.

But if that was the case, three could play that game.

Your hands wrapped around the nearest object they could find— a porcelain vase— before you smashed it straight on its intended target, his head.

Your heart was running a hundred miles an hour as you wriggled free and gunned through several corridors and doorways, looking around with frantic eyes, but you were unsure what you were looking for.

Hiding wouldn't work since there was two of them and you were positive they would just turn the whole house upside down in order to find you.

You screeched in surprise when one of them was already so close behind you that they cut you off.

Fortunately, you were just out of reach when he went to grab you, so you turned towards the nearest room and in one lightning quick movement, shut the door before locking it behind you.

Your breaths were panting out heavy through your mouth before you were startled by the heavy banging on the door your back was pressed against.

You cursed to yourself. The only things in this room were large bookshelves filled with books, a fireplace, some tables and chairs and that was it.

Your lungs burned when you screamed again upon seeing the doorhandle being fumbled with, while you listen to Stu's taunting sing-song voice coming from the other side.

"Come out, come out wherever you are..." Stu dragged out. The pitch in his voice sounded the exact same as back then in Woodsboro. Delirious. "You can't hide in there forever, baby!"

You forced yourself not to yell 'fuck you' back and moved away from the door, starting to jerk the books from the shelves in a panic as if you'd discover some sort of secret button.

The fumbling at the door handle changed to a loud banging again. But this time it didn't stop and his voice changed, sounding a lot less playful and way more intimidating.

Which was a scary observation in and on itself because you'd never heard Stu even do as much as raise his voice at you, let alone be angry.

"Open the fucking door, (Y/N)!"

The drop in his voice sounded foreign to you, like he was an entirely different person. It actually made you stop what you were doing and your mouth parted, your breath feeling like it had been strangled out of you.

In that moment, you decided that pissed off Stu was ten times scarier than pissed off Billy, just from how spiteful and unhinged he sounded.

There was no doubt that those few inches of wood seperating the two of you would be brought down easily if his mind was dead set on it.

You considered pulling out the gun to fire a round as a warning, but the thought disappeared as soon as it came at the same time that the banging ceased.

You were at a loss of words. The tension was crippling as you just kept still for a moment, listening in for any noise.

There was none.

Your heart thundering in your ears was the only thing you could hear. It just dawned on you just how fucking terrifying these two could get.

There appeared to be one tiny problem, though.

The room you had locked yourself in had no other entrance/exit, except for one window that was out of your reach.

It would only be a matter of time before that door would be forcefully opened and you didn't want to stick around to find out what would happen when it did.

You exhaled, looking over at one of the tables. It was the only chance you got.

Within minutes, the wood was scraping against the floor and you swore your heart shrunk with each sound it made until finally, it stood just underneath the massive window.

You couldn't believe your luck when the window pushed open and fresh night air fanned your face. Now all you had to do was—

The door behind you suddenly burst open.

You could only do as much as turn yourself around when several fingers wrapped around your ankle and then you lost your balance as the killer harshly pulled it back.

The heavy blow of your head hitting the table was enough to instantly knock you into unconsciousness, the world around you fading to nothing but blackness while you could feel a pair of hands lifting your body.