Chapter 17

When Gale came to, her vision was still foggy. The first thing she felt was duct tape covering her mouth, as well as around her wrists that were tied behind the chair she was sitting on.

"Hey look, Stu. Seems like our old pal Gale is finally awake. Took her damn long enough."

She grimaced at the sound of the all too familiar voice.

"You're right Billy," Stu bent over, snickering as his mouth formed into shit eating grin when Gale jerked her head away from them. "Sleeping beauty looks like she really wanna say something, eeh?"

She closed and reopened her eyes a couple of times to get rid of the daze, just as Stu ripped the tape from her mouth in one go.

"You two little fuckers," was the very first thing Gale spat at them without hesitation, her frustrated words sounding as sharp as the knife Billy was carrying.

An arm was thrown around her shoulders, pulling her close as Billy thumped her on the shoulder with his free hand, tutting at her. "No need to be a bitch. We're all friends here, ain't we?"

"Oh, really?" Gale challenged sarcastically, looking at Billy whose lips morphed into a slow, pleased smile before she turned back to Stu and spat straight into his face.

He staggered away, wiping his face with his sleeve in disgust as the sadistic amusement was smacked clean off. "What the fuck? She fucking spat at me!"

"We only need you alive," Billy scowled before his fist connected with Gale's stomach so hard she went down to the ground with a shriek of pain. "Doesn't matter what state you're in."

"I'm not scared of you, you deranged Johnny Depp look-a-like," Gale chided, brave enough to meet the eyes of the man who has a clear lack of morals and unaware that all she was doing was digging herself a deeper hole.

Stu's face reddened as he smacked his hand against his forehead and burst into an uncontrollable fit of cackles.

"Johnny Depp look-a-like," Stu repeated amusedly, still chuckling to himself. "She's got you there, Billy."

Billy however was completely calm, unusually so, which made him all the more frightening. Billy's fingers twitched for action, wanting nothing more than to satisfy his deadly needs.

Stu knew the girl was in deep shit but Gale herself didn't, not until Billy's smile changed into a murderous sneer as he started kicking her repeatedly in the stomach.

"You've never learned when to keep quiet, you stupid–"

*kick*

"–annoying,"

*kick*

"–slut!"

Gale's mouth, on a rare occasion, snapped shut and her brows scrunched together in agony as she coughed and spluttered on the floor, semi-conscious.

Billy's demeanor went straight back to keeping cool and collected again as he ran his fingers through his hair while still looking bothered with that firm line between his brows.

Stu on the other hand just hopped onto the countertop, letting his chin rest on top of his fist as he watched on like this was his favourite television show.

Billy, still towering over Gale, gave her a disgusted glance from where she was lying.

His brown eyes shimmered as if something just struck him before he proceeded to cruelly taunt her, asking a question he already knew the answer to as his face broke out into an evil, bitter smirk. "Where's Deputy Douchebag? Not here to protect you this time 'round, huh?"