Officially Together (31)

"In the center of the mandap, a fire is kindled. A Hindu marriage is a sacrament, not a contract. To signify the viability of the ceremony, fire is kept as a witness, and offerings are made. The bride's brother gives three fistfuls of puffed rice to the bride as a wish for his sister's happy marriage. Each time, the bride offers the rice to the fire. This offering is known as a homam." The priest said to Sumedh and Mallika. They nodded 

Then Mallika who was wearing a red color lehenga and some heavy jewels stood in front of Sumedh who was wearing a navy blue sherwani with golden embroidery. 

"The Jai mala is a garland comprised of strung flowers that are exchanged between the newlyweds. The ritual ends with each half of the couple wearing one. "To us Hindus, the Jai mala symbolizes the partners welcoming each other into their families," explains Patel. "Without it, we do not consider a marriage to be complete." In the U.S. or other fusion weddings, the ring ceremony usually follows." The Priest explained. 

All the relatives showered rose petals on them turning the moment beautiful and cherishable. They then settled 

"The bride is draped in a necklace of black and gold beads by her new spouse. Traditionally, Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of wealth, fortune, and prosperity, is invoked in the Mangala sutra, or auspicious thread, and the bride is said to receive blessings throughout her marriage. Regional variations may also include beads of red, white, or other colors." The priest explained and gave Sumedh the mangalsutra. He made her wear it and then applied vermilion in her partition. Her happiness was reflecting in her eyes which were shining brightly. 

The priest asked them to get up for the saptapadi and also explained "The saptapadi is an important ritual in North Indian Hindu weddings. During the saptapadi, the newlyweds have their garments tied together—typically the bride's veil and the groom's sash. In South India, the couple walks seven steps together to signify their friendship. In North Indian tradition, they make seven circles around a ceremonial fire, each round signifying a specific blessing they request of the gods. The main significance of the saptapadi is establishing a friendship, which is the basis of a Hindu marriage." 

They took the seven rounds around the fire and then the priest announced "Vivah Samapan Hua". They walked to the elders and sought their blessings. 

"Guys yeh Rohan kaise nhi aaya I was scared that he will come and ruin everything," Mallika asked. 

"Jail mai gaya hua insaan kaise aayega" Basant said innocently. 

"What woh jail mai kab gaya" Mallika asked shocked.

"On the day of your engagement" Tunisha shrugged. 

"But how" 

"Do u remember you had seen him with a girl near a cafe?" Sanskruti asked. 

"Yeah" 

"She filed a complaint against him for harassing her and the police arrested him," They said.

Mallika had tears in her eyes which made their way down soon 

"What happened why u crying," Monika asked worriedly.

"Nope nothing," Mallika said changing the topic 

No one forced her. Sumedh side hugged her and then kissed her forehead making her smile at him. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

THE END 

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT U GUYS HAVE... HOPE U ALL LIKE THE STORY... THEIR WONT BE A EPILOGUE THIS IS THE LAST PART. LOTS OF LOVE... RADHE RADHE.